By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GH3 - Through The Fire and Flames - Expert

Lingyis said:
good to learn something about guitar terminology! watched a couple of youtube clip about sweep picking.

now i get a better appreciation of how guitar hero tries to map some of those actual techniques on the guitar.

i've been playing guitar hero alway pressing the fret buttons before i strum... obviously, they have to be somewhat before you actually strum, but i think i'm putting in too much margin of safety after watching those sweep picking clips, since the two happen like 0.1 seconds apart, if not less.

i came away rather impressed by those clips.

You should actually try playing them. :|

I've been practicing sweep picking for over a year now.  It doesn't come easy, lol. 

Around the Network

well, i don't play the guitar :P but i can definitely see just how hard it can be. the synchronization takes a while to get right, i imagine.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Easy way to pass the intro: tie a rubber band around the green fret. Then you can just keep your left hand stationary over the top frets. If you still have trouble, odds are you're not releasing the frets quickly enough. Slow it down in practice mode; if you can play it perfectly at a slower speed but can't get it at full speed, your hand simply lacks the speed/dexterity to play it. Just get more fretting practice, preferably on other difficult songs so you don't bore yourself to death. (You can remove the rubber band after the intro, during the break.)

"Correct" way to pass the intro: two-hand tapping, using your elbow to strum, as described by the above posters. Far more impressive, but many will find it extremely difficult to learn how. Others will pick it up fairly quickly.

Lingyis said:
well, i don't play the guitar :P but i can definitely see just how hard it can be. the synchronization takes a while to get right, i imagine.

For some it's the synchronization.  For me it's speed (dexterity of the fingers) and keeping the sound clean that are the problem.  I can't seem to keep my strings from buzzing when I lift up my fingers, leading all the notes to mud together.  It's strange because I keep things sounding crystal clear when doing things other than sweep picking. :(

Slight update: I am to a point where I can almost tread my way through the intro but not quite...the slide notes at the end would probably finish me off anyways...if I can make it to the fast strumming section I could refill the rock meter...but not able to get there yet.

As for progression on the rest of the song my high is 76% and really damn close to 77%. I don't play it exclusively when I play either I am still working on 5 starring everything on hard to unlock the guitar for that and I am still not done with the final set on expert =/

All-in-all there is a deceptively large amount of content in the game..although admittedly its not for everyone. But I enjoy it~

To Each Man, Responsibility