By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Should Canada join the European Union?

NiKKoM said:
Only if they deport Celine Dion and Justin Bieber..

We could send them traveling to all the gypsy communities that keep popping up all over europe and make them flee back to india. 

He doesn't row.

Jakobs. We know if you've got wood in your hand, you're happy.

Around the Network
Rêveur said:
Canada is part of the European Space Agency, I think.

They have joint ventures with the ESA and NASA but we have our own space agency CSA.  We were the third nation to put something into space and have been a leadeer in telecom, remote sensing, and space robotics.

iamdeath said:
Canada is secretly building an army of super mutants, and will take over the world. No one will see it coming. All sport besides Hockey will be outlawed.

I'd be worried, after all Wolverine is Canadian.  And don't forget Lacrosse!

spurgeonryan said:

Screw the fact they are not in Europe. there will never be an American union, despite the states. U.S iis a sinking ship anyways. Soon will be no better shape than Mexico.

Canada should choose sides now. Make them as strong as Germany currently is. According to revelations i tthink germany will become a world power once again anyways. being with them would help.

The problem at the moment is PM Harper's focus on the Anglosphere (a notion of the British Empire resurgent plus the US), he is not interested with anything more than a NAFTA like trade agreement with Europe.  Also EU standards would be a disastrous due to our infrastructure having to align with the US for trade and other purposes.

The general public would not clamour for inclusion in the EU, though I am not opposed to some sort of associate membership that freed up working visas and citezenship tranfers.  Electing members to the European parlaimnet and having to ceede soverengty to that body would not be welcomed by most.  I am a Canadian citizen but my wife and duaghter are dual EU/Canadian citizens, and although I have strong ties across the pond, I am not sure joining the EU is the best course of action for Canada.

spurgeonryan said:

Screw the fact they are not in Europe. there will never be an American union, despite the states. U.S iis a sinking ship anyways. Soon will be no better shape than Mexico.

Canada should choose sides now. Make them as strong as Germany currently is. According to revelations i tthink germany will become a world power once again anyways. being with them would help.

I'm pretty sure thats what people said in europe for a very long time. If the need arises, you bet there will be one.

Around the Network

read NAFTA.

they will come into the Mexico-USA-CANADA union

USA isn't going anywhere. Word.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

I think we should just take the UK and make a super secret club together. Australia and New Zealand can join too.