By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft on Xbox One -- It's about games, not gigaflops

Tagged games:

Careful, you could be moderated for calling the X1 a gigaflop before it's even launched. Best to wait until it has been out for exactly 36 minutes in exactly one country; after such a long time, it's safe to label anything a gigaflop.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
I don't think any real gamer would disagree with that.

Anyone who plays games is a gamer, and plenty of them disagree, "real gamer" is a throwaway term that is mostly used to belittle or segregate certain players and classify them or their games as being lesser.

So you are essentially implying that everyone that doesn't bow down to the *opinion* of the Xbox one having the best games, irrespective of an individuals preference, is in some way lesser, which is just stupid.

Of course, I don't expect you to agree, because your preference is well documented on these forums already, so all I'll say is "stay classy" and roll my eyes.

J_Allard said:
iamdeath said:

A real gamer buys the most gaming centric console. the PS4.see I can make up garbage too. A real gamer goes with the company that has always had a lot more gaming support on it's console and makes a reliable product.

I'm delighted that the idea of a gamer caring about actual games and not the insides of a console is "garbage" to you. Really says a lot about the type of gamer you are. It's really cute the way you seem to have taken offense to what I said, but I am not sure why. Nothing in my post was about Xbone, Sony, or MS, so I am confused as to why you are here. All I said is real gamers care about the games. I hope that helped.

Sony has a better history of delivering games then MS. Also, who the heck are you to decide who real gamners are and are not. many REAL gamers like the ps4 launch lineup better..that's a fact. Unless you are the gloabl authority on who is a real gamer or not, are you?

Frequency said:
J_Allard said:

Anyone who plays games is a gamer, and plenty of them disagree, "real gamer" is a throwaway term that is mostly used to belittle or segregate certain players and classify them or their games as being lesser.

So you are essentially implying that everyone that doesn't bow down to the *opinion* of the Xbox one having the best games, irrespective of an individuals preference, is in some way lesser, which is just stupid.

Of course, I don't expect you to agree, because your preference is well documented on these forums already, so all I'll say is "stay classy" and roll my eyes.

Agreed, anyone who says "People who don't conform to my bias" are not real gamers.. doesn't have any credibility.

Frequency said:
J_Allard said:

Like the other guy in the thread who is too quick to read and get emotional, you seem to be confused. Please point out where I said a single word about MS or Xbox One? What I said applies to all gamers and all consoles and all games. I am agreeing with the premise of the title of the thread, nothing more. If I wanted to be specific about the Xbone and it's games, I would have been.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Frequency said:
J_Allard said:

Like the other guy in the thread who is too quick to read and get emotional, you seem to be confused. Please point out where I said a single word about MS or Xbox One? What I said applies to all gamers and all consoles and all games. I am agreeing with the premise of the title of the thread, nothing more. If I wanted to be specific about the Xbone and it's games, I would have been.

You clearly were implying the x1 had betetr games are real gamers would think so....nice back track. That is what the article goes on to say, that MS has betetr games.

iamdeath said:
J_Allard said:
iamdeath said:

A real gamer buys the most gaming centric console. the PS4.see I can make up garbage too. A real gamer goes with the company that has always had a lot more gaming support on it's console and makes a reliable product.

I'm delighted that the idea of a gamer caring about actual games and not the insides of a console is "garbage" to you. Really says a lot about the type of gamer you are. It's really cute the way you seem to have taken offense to what I said, but I am not sure why. Nothing in my post was about Xbone, Sony, or MS, so I am confused as to why you are here. All I said is real gamers care about the games. I hope that helped.

Sony has a better history of delivering games then MS. Also, who the heck are you to decide who real gamners are and are not. many REAL gamers like the ps4 launch lineup better..that's a fact. Unless you are the gloabl authority on who is a real gamer or not, are you?

I even spell out for you in simple words in the very post you quote that it had nothing to do with Sony or MS or your petty console warz and you still post an angry response. Just adorable. Last time I will reply to you in this thread until you grow some reading comprehension.

J_Allard said:
iamdeath said:
J_Allard said:
iamdeath said:

I even spell out for you in simple words in the very post you quote that it had nothing to do with Sony or MS or your petty console warz and you still post an angry response. Just adorable. Last time I will reply to you in this thread until you grow some reading comprehension.

Nice backtrack.

iamdeath said:

You clearly were implying the x1 had betetr games are real gamers would think so....nice back track. That is what the article goes on to say, that MS has betetr games.

Sorry little fella, I can't help if your Sony Defense 2013 software triggers a false positive. Gonna have to talk to the manufacturer about that. At least you are finally understanding what was said though. You're on the right path, I'm glad I could help steer you there.

J_Allard said:
Frequency said:
J_Allard said:

Sure, that's very commendable of you, except we are in the Microsoft discussion section commenting on a topic which specifically specifies the Xbox one in relation to games, so your generalization of comment referring to games on all systems requires context to be accurate, something you neglected to provide in your initial post.

So don't mount that tall horse of yours when people quite rightly react to your post when the lack of context is the reason for it.