By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Enter Sandman, for the las time!

The finest sportman to ever play the game.

There should be another movie called "42", staring Mariano Rivera. 

Around the Network

Not the biggest fan of the yanks, but frankly I don't have to be to love the greatest closer of all time. The guy is an absolute class act and a sure fire HoFer, I'm saddened that in the 13 years I've been a baseball fan I've never seen him appear in my home park and never will. If they were to do a movie on him it would be called "Mo".

Cj2i3 said:
Not the biggest fan of the yanks, but frankly I don't have to be to love the greatest closer of all time. The guy is an absolute class act and a sure fire HoFer, I'm saddened that in the 13 years I've been a baseball fan I've never seen him appear in my home park and never will. If they were to do a movie on him it would be called "Mo".

I am a panamenian and I still haven't seen him pitching, not even shake his hand. I know how you feel, but I will forever remember him since the first time I saw him closing with the Yankees in 1996. 

Hopefully the first exclusive-closer pitcher to enter Coopestown Hall of Fame!

cbarroso09 said:
Cj2i3 said:

I am a panamenian and I still haven't seen him pitching, not even shake his hand. I know how you feel, but I will forever remember him since the first time I saw him closing with the Yankees in 1996. 

Hopefully the first exclusive-closer pitcher to enter Coopestown Hall of Fame!

Wow, there really isn't any pure closer in the HoF? Only closer I can think of is Dennis Eckersley, but he was a starting pitcher the first half of his career.

Edit: Rollie Fingers, but he was more of a late inning guy than a initial closer from what I read briefly. Nonetheless the way Mo went out was just amazing a lot of love from sports fans. The last great to retire following seasons end was KGJ and that just handled terribly.

Hate the Yankees, but tip of the hat to Rivera

Around the Network

They have two more sure fire Hall of Fame players in Derek Jeter and Ichiro Suzuki. A Fraud will probably get in eventually also.