By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA V First week sales > MW3 First month sales.

GTA V (360,PS3) First week sales > MW3 (All platforms) First month sales. US sales only

VGC has just put up the new US software charts.

Grand Theft Auto V (X360)
Take-Two Interactive, Action
5,939,351 5,939,351 1
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Take-Two Interactive, Action
3,675,906 3,675,906 1

According to this chart GTA V sold 9.6 million in its first week (that too in a non holiday month)

According to NPD http://www.gamespot.com/news/modern-warfare-3-skyrim-top-record-breaking-november-sales-npd-6347394

MW3 sold 9 million in its first month in the US...

And according to VGC it took "x" amount of time for MW3 to hit what GTA V did in its first week in the same region.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (X360)
Activision, Shooter
318,456 6,076,950 5
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
Activision, Shooter
263,136 3,670,372 6

5 weeks for the Xbox 360 and 6 weeks for the PS3 to surpass its respective platforms

Around the Network

Holy crackers.....

I love it. Rockstar put 5 hardass years of work into this game. Activision cranks out CODS with no effort and a new paintjob.
Congratz Rockstar. Some talent over there...

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Please note that the only reason I made comparisons to MW3 was because it is the biggest and best selling Call of Duty game ever

GTA will outsell both COD and BF on PS360 this year.

dsage01 said:
Please note that the only reason I made comparisons to MW3 was because it is the biggest and best selling Call of Duty game ever

Black OPs is the fastest CoD, no?

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
dsage01 said:

Black OPs is the fastest CoD, no?

no. MW3 had the highest first month according to NPD, VGC and Chart track

dsage01 said:

That's weird becasuse I'm sure Chart-track said GTA V topped the fastest launch seller game: Call of Duty: Black Ops... not MW3.

Edit -

Like I said... Black Ops is the previous fastest-selling game bu Chart-track.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=1700&s=1111

"betters previous best ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops’ by almost ¼ million units"

ethomaz said:

dsage01 said:

That's weird becasuse I'm sure Chart-track said GTA V topped the fastest launch seller game: Call of Duty: Black Ops... not MW3.

We're talking about first month here buddy...that too in the USA. Black Ops sold 8.4 million first month in the US whereas MW3 million sold 9 million in its first month.

Well deserved for the effort they put into the game, In other news Peter Molyneux is still not impressed lol

spurgeonryan said:
I wonder what the price to develope is compared to cod though?

250 million plus advertising? For gtav..

Then cod can't be more than 50 million now. Right?

Difference.

Fixed