By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nvidia boss: “No longer possible” for consoles to have better graphics than PC

Tagged games:

fatslob-:O said:
dahuman said:

LOL what made you think that ? 

Which part? the part where they were comparable to nice PCs when they came out or what I explained in the sentence already?

Yeah the part where they were comparable to nice PC's part. I was like WTF ? :P

Because they were, back then SLI wasn't even stable so you can't run multiple cards without just hoping for the best, the PSUs in the rigs were nowhere near today's levels, and the RAM count was also much lower at the time. PCs have come a long way since then. In the best case scenerio they were not too far apart in hardware but PCs had more layers to go through so consoles actually had certain advantages, well, excluding the Wii.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
dahuman said:

LOL what made you think that ? 

Which part? the part where they were comparable to nice PCs when they came out or what I explained in the sentence already?

Because they were, back then SLI wasn't even stable so you can't run multiple cards without just hoping for the best, the PSUs in the rigs were nowhere near today's levels, and the RAM count was also much lower at the time. PCs have come a long way since then. In the best case scenerio they were not too far apart in hardware but PCs had more layers to go through so consoles actually had certain advantages, well, excluding the Wii.

Even then there were cards out there that smashed the ps360 before they even launched and they were the Radeon X1800 XT from ATi at the time and the GeForce 7800GTX from nvidia so consoles have never being more powerful after the release of the first windows. Jen is just asshurt about the fact that their company didn't even get one console manufacturer. 

dahuman said:

Even then there were cards out there that smashed the ps360 before they even launched and they were the Radeon X1800 XT from ATi at the time and the GeForce 7800GTX from nvidia so consoles have never being more powerful after the release of the first windows. Jen is just asshurt about the fact that their company didn't even get one console manufacturer. 

I said nice, not high end. Like, above average.

dahuman said:
dahuman said:

Sure these new consoles seem a little underwhelming in terms of leaps and all but I'd go as far to say that the PS4 is pretty decent jump. I don't know about the others though plus PC's are going to fail to get much more powerful once we run through every process node shrinks. PC's are arguably the most powerful platforms but even then they have limits too but it's higher for them. BTW screw consoles and PC's for power I want render farms, super computers, and personal server's for that shit LOL.

dahuman said:
dahuman said:

Sure these new consoles seem a little underwhelming in terms of leaps and all but I'd go as far to say that the PS4 is pretty decent jump. I don't know about the others though plus PC's are going to fail to get much more powerful once we run through every process node shrinks. PC's are arguably the most powerful platforms but even then they have limits too but it's higher for them. BTW screw consoles and PC's for power I want render farms, super computers, and personal server's for that shit LOL.

I'd rather use those to calculate things that are more meaningful than video games.....

Around the Network
dahuman said:
dahuman said:
dahuman said:

I'd rather use those to calculate things that are more meaningful than video games.....

Hey, we all have different wishes but were all pretty selfish at times so videogames > computing other things for me. :P

Solid-Stark said:
He's right.

However, Console exclusives > PC graphics

i.e. Nintendo/PS games > PC graphics.

IMO.

PC exclusives + mods + Keyboard & Mouse + configerable options to suit my tastes + the largest back catalog of any system + Hardware configerable to my needs and budget > Console exclusives

Funny how oppinions work isn't it

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Solid-Stark said:
He's right.

IMO.

PC exclusives + mods + Keyboard & Mouse + the largest back catalog of any system + Hardware configerable to my needs and budget configerable options to suit my tastes > Console exclusives

FIFY

Edit: Didn't mean to irk you. Humorous, sure.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:
zarx said:
Solid-Stark said:
He's right.

IMO.

PC exclusives + mods + Keyboard & Mouse + the largest back catalog of any system + Hardware configerable to my needs and budget configerable options to suit my tastes > Console exclusives

FIFY

I was kinda thinking ingame options with that one lol

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Solid-Stark said:
zarx said:
Solid-Stark said:
He's right.

IMO.

FIFY

I was kinda thinking ingame options with that one lol

Ah well it stands nonetheless. Just modded Fallout 3 and New Vegas not too long ago and it's great. It's enough to encourage me to get a new card soon (AMD 270X or 280X). Although I certainly see what you and many other's mean regarding PC gaming preference, it's console exclusives that really appeal to me the most. Although this mainly applies to Nintendo recently (seriously thinking of going Nintendo and PC for main platforms next gen). A 270X/280X seems like a much better investment initially than a PS4. Even more with Valve taking Steam to a new level.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)