By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Trend is about to be Reversed - Officially

Please, BR will be dated in 2010. It'll never get anyhere near DvD penetration.

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
Stillwell said:
I disagree. The Wii helps video games to become more accepted as something you do to have fun. That's all good, and something neither of the other console could do.

And I'm going to have to disagree with you. If BlueRay were to cath on, the PS3 could potentaily expand the market just like the PS2 did with it's DVD player.

If your argument is that the PS2 expanded the market because it had DVD playback, then this doesn't translate to the PS3.  The Blu-ray market will not be any larger than the DVD market was, so I fail to see how the gaming market will get any bigger because of Blu-ray.

That's just good news to hear.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Stillwell said:
I disagree. The Wii helps video games to become more accepted as something you do to have fun. That's all good, and something neither of the other console could do.

And I'm going to have to disagree with you. If BlueRay were to cath on, the PS3 could potentaily expand the market just like the PS2 did with it's DVD player.

Very few people bought the PS2 as the dvd player for the household, outside of the first year or so(when software sales weren't that great). As time went by it(dvd) was a nice bonus, in addition to being a gaming machine-not the other way around. The PS2 expanded the market with it's software offerings for the most part.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Soon the handheld trend will change also.

GB(+GBC, they are for some reason counted as one at Vgchartz) > Gba > DS

By the end of the year it should be GB>GBA>DS

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Soon the handheld trend will change also.

GB(+GBC, they are for some reason counted as one at Vgchartz) > Gba > DS

By the end of the year it should be GB>GBA>DS

No hopefully DS will be ahead of GBA

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I think the Wii may also outsell the SNES (49.08 million) by the end of 2008. It all depends on how much Nintendo increases production for the next fiscal year.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

On a completly unrelated note, the PSP is about to outsell the Nintendo 64! Go PSP!

well done wii,no later than 2010 for it to overtake NES. Wii is a great console to be market leader, it has great games, nice features and its cheap, also its making gaming mainstream which is nessercary before its legislated out of existence by ignorant and uniformed politicians, parents and the media

TheSource said:

In the next two weeks, Wii will likely pass 21.6 million units sold to gamers - pushing it past Gamecube lifetime shipments in about 14 months even though Gamecube has been out for 75 months (61 months longer than Wii).

That means at the very least, Nintendo's console sales will go...NES>SNES>N64>Wii>GC. By the end of the year, it will probably end up like this: NES>SNES>Wii>N64>GC. Early in 2009 it should like this NES>Wii>SNES>N64>GC. Sometime before the 20th anniversary of the Genesis launch (November 2009) the mighty NES will finally be dethroned as Nintendo's top seller.

YAY!!!!!! Wii will dominate!!!!!!