By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom Hearts Still Relevant on Home Consoles After All These Years

The Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix Collection sales are updated on VGC and it looks like the game is selling really well considering its a HD Collection.  All the following numbers I am getting off VGC.  So far KH has 0.52m sales and I'm sure that number will grow to 0.75-1m easily.  Other big HD collections like MGS sold 0.32m, Silent Hill 0.31, god of war origins collection 0.45, Ratchet and Clank 0.38, sly collection 0.52, J&D 0.59, Devil may Cry 0.88, and Ico & SOTC 0.98.  You also have to consider that KH 1.5 HD Remix is only on one console, unlike some of the HD collections I mentioned, if it was on Wii U also I think the sales would have been much high considering a lot of the KH games have been on Nintendo consoles.  I think its kinda funny considering the last KH game on home consoles was 8 years ago and the series is still relevant.  So any thoughts on the topic?

Around the Network

It's mother f*cking Kingdom Hearts, what would you expect!?!?!

Seeing as Square barely released anything (good) this gen I'm not surprised lol

People are probably dying to see some KH action on consoles. I know I am lol.

It has never been proven that it WASN'T relevant on consoles(Playstations) so uhh.. Yea

Around the Network

Square will make it irrelevant if they dont step their game up

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

enditall727 said:
It has never been proven that it WASN'T relevant on consoles(Playstations) so uhh.. Yea

If a series is absent on a console for 8 years one would be safe to assume the sales would plumet, but this shows that KH support on home consoles is still strong.

I am enjoying the hell out of the game, all over again. Glad to see it selling well.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I'm not surprised. It wouldn't be the first dormant franchise to maintain relevance.

Speaking of Half-Life...

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I brought it day one but have been busy, only up to Tarzan's world atm. I have alot of good memories of this game ^^