By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valve to Make Three Big Announcements Starting on Monday

"According to Valve, 2014 will mark the year that the firm extends its PC gaming platform, Steam into the living the room. Valve's aspirations to take over the living room are not a secret, as the company has alluded to this notion more than once. However, it appears that Valve is finally getting ready to make the plunge with the company launching a splash page on Friday titled "The Steam Universe is Expanding in 2014."

Earlier this week, Valve co-founder Gabe Newell also made a statement at Linuxcon 2013 that it would share more information on its living room plans next week, noting that those planes would be tied to Linux's open platform.  

After having issued Big Picture Mode last year, a new UI interface tailored for television and gamepad compatibility; the company appears poised to make a more direct play on the console space.

"This year we've been working on even more ways to connect the dots for customers who want Steam in the living-room. Soon, we'll be adding you to our design process, so that you can help us shape the future of Steam", reads the site.

The website shows that the first announcement is slated for 10 a.m. Pacific time on Monday, with two additional announcements set to follow. Valve has yet to issue countdown clocks for the additional announcements.

While the teaser site does not provide a set date, it does note that Valve attends to begin launching whatever project or projects the company has up its sleeve in 2014. It's likely that these projects will be tied to the rumors that Steam has been working on gaming console, which will run the company's Steam portal service via the Linux operating system."

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=6960&news=Valve_Steam_Monday_Announcment_Steambox_Gaming_PC

I'm sorry, HOW MANY ANNOUNCEMENTS?

Around the Network

I'm actually expecting them to announce something around Linux as a primary gaming platform and blah blah blah...
The Steambox of course... And what else? Half Life 3 lol?

Imaginedvl said:
I'm actually expecting them to announce something around Linux as a primary gaming platform and blah blah blah...
The Steambox of course... And what else? Half Life 3 lol?

"Three Big Announcements"

Valve can count to 3.

Half Life 3 confirmed.

my body is ready.

Steam box, Linux love and Ricochet 2.

Portal 3!! Portal 3!! Portal 3!!!!!!! (and not just for steambox... ugh)

Around the Network

Are you guys really content of the Steam app / platform (ignoring prices, bundles) ?

Ex Graphics Whore.

TimCliveroller said:
Are you guys really content of the Steam app / platform (ignoring prices, bundles) ?

Ignoring deals steam is still a pretty awesome platform. I really don't have complaints about it.

Nintendo and PC gamer

It won't be Portal 3; Team Fortress 3 & Left 4 Dead 3 like I'd want it to be, that much is for sure :'(

Half Life 3 exclusive to Steam Box.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Gabe is such a troll. Anyone expecting a third installment of one of their franchise is in the same boat with people waiting for Agent and TLG.

I'm not saying HL3 won't be announced, but it's not being announced lol.