By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the best Moviegame you ever played?

Spiderman 2 wasn't terribly bad. Much better than the first movie one and it was pretty innovative when it came to allowing you to free-roam around the city. . . I think I liked it more than I did the third one.

The Two Towers was so hard.... Maybe it's because I was stupid with my upgrade purchases, but I could NEVER beat the final level. 

Around the Network

goldeneye and then the two towers. i dont know if i consider KOTOR to be a movie game. Same franchise yes, but is it an MG just because the franchise began with movies?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

LOTR: Return of the King

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace!!! lol, just joking. Has anybody else played that game? I swear, there were game breaking bugs/glitches in every level.

Oh speaking of Star Wars, how about one of the Rogue Squadron games? 

Only one I cared for was Goldeneye

Around the Network
starcraft said:
goldeneye and then the two towers. i dont know if i consider KOTOR to be a movie game. Same franchise yes, but is it an MG just because the franchise began with movies?

Good point you made there. If you don't count it as a moviegame. I'll replace it with another game from the same franchise. Star Wars games have always been high in quality compared to other moviegames.

I'll go with Star Wars episode I: 1 POD Racer (N64) It was even more fun than the movie.

IllegalPaladin said:

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace!!! lol, just joking. Has anybody else played that game? I swear, there were game breaking bugs/glitches in every level.

Oh speaking of Star Wars, how about one of the Rogue Squadron games? 

Never played Phantom Menace but Rogue Squadron was easily the best looking game on the N64. Great moviegame! Wish they made more action shooters like that.

pichu_pichu said:
Goldeneye, I miss playing it, I want it on the VC already

Don't do it.  Memories are best left untouched.   I remember how much fun my brothers and I used to have playing Turok multiplayer on the N64 (cerebral bore FTW).  It was easily my favorite N64 multiplayer shooter after Goldeneye.  Last summer, I was home visiting and we decided to hook up the N64.  Five minutes into a Turok match, I had to turn it off.  Everything moved SOOOO much slower than I remember.  It was impossible to enjoy.

On topic, I thought ET was the best videogame adaptation of a movie.  In fact, the game elicited more emotion than the movie.  It had better effects, too.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

I think the reason most movie games are crappy is because of the time.

A movie will usually take 1 year to film
A good game will usually take 2 years to make

This means the game is rushed, as it wont make anywhere near the same amount of money if it is released a year after the film.

I forgot the Battlefront games

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."