By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think the results for the GOP in Nov will be?

There is quite a lot of debate in the US about immigration, because we have an enormous influx of Mexicans immigrating illegally.  Here's both candidates on immigration at a debate last week (2/21):

This gets cut off early, you can see the rest here:

Around the Network

The Republicans HAVE to win in November, they aren't done selling us out to communist China and the Saudis.

Those are the people who bought our debt and own our asses!

BTW, another word for fascism is corporatism.  Benito Mussolini created the term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mussolini

Get it straight!

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Wow, both Hillary and Obama seem to have a soft attitude towards illegal immigrants, judging by those clips.

- legalize those who are already in the US
- sloppy border control

Slimebeast said:
Wow, both Hillary and Obama seem to have a soft attitude towards illegal immigrants, judging by those clips.

- sloppy border control

And what would you do with 12 million illegals and a 2000-mile-long border?

Slimebeast said:

- sloppy border control

McCain was a very vocal supporter of the recent immigration "reform" legislation.

I watch a LOT of C-SPAN.

Around the Network
Entroper said:
Slimebeast said:

- sloppy border control

What I would do is fine businesses and individuals that employ illegal immigrants $250,000 per violation. (per illegal employed)

If there are no jobs then they would have no choice but to pack up and go home.  

@mrstickball

Obama has broad-range support among Democrats and has won in states like Idaho, Alaska and Iowa.. where there is little black population. It would be silly to say that racism doesn't exist.. but it will not cost Obama too much among Democrats.

McCain is a right-wing conservative.. always has been. If the people who you are talking about are considering voting for him then they aren't much of Democrats to begin with.

Entroper said:
Slimebeast said:

- sloppy border control

Give up? Well, I don't know. The US is a country that has always been good at handling massive amounts of immigrants, that's what made you the worlds most powerful nation. The situation is different in Europe, where hordes of immigrants generally are causing chaos in very homogeneous societies. So if the Americans are happy with it, I say let the Mexicans in.

NinjaguyDan said:

What I would do is fine businesses and individuals that employ illegal immigrants $250,000 per violation. (per illegal employed)

If there are no jobs then they would have no choice but to pack up and go home.

That would mean that there are no legal jobs.  There would still be plenty of jobs.  Ever been to a Home Depot in San Diego?

Anyway, I don't entirely disagree with your idea, and neither do the Democrats (they want to crack down on companies too).  I think what's important is addressing the root of the problem, which is fixing our legal immigration system, making sure companies aren't exploiting undocumented workers, and getting Mexico to provide more opportunities for their own people. 

Slimebeast said:
royalcaribcruiser123 said:
I am a Republican mainly because of my Religous views. I used to like McCain but now he trying to get conservatives on his bandwagon and he totally changed his stances in some of the areas in which I supported his Ideals. Right now I don't Like any of the Canidates for either party because of their stance on the war or their stance on immigration.

What's their stance on immigration (and how does it differ from a traditional Republican view)?

My stance on Immigrartion is that it is a human rights issue and thus their should be no limits to people and theys should be able to move from one country to another freely (unless the have a serious criminal record) . The reason why I liked McCain was that he was willing to go againest the conservatives and help the illegals in the United States gain citizenship. This whole building a wall along mexico is a joke when they say it is to protect us if we want to build a wall it should first go across Canada( Longer unmilitarized border and thats how the terrorist got in anyay). Both sets of my grandparents immigrated to the United States in the 1930's from Ireland and Italy.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)