By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks Resident Evil 4 is scary

It wasn't scary, but it was very intense.

myspace.com/neorayj

Around the Network

Nothing beats the dogs in RE1.

I didn't find it scary. In fact, the guy in the kitchen later on in RE4 was done in Resident Evil Zero on the train, where it did freak me out a little so when I saw it in Re4... I had a big helping of deja-vu and felt nothing more than a 'meh'. Though my room mate said he freaked out and even killed the guy in his reaction time from the panic.

When it first came out I tried to play it, but was a little scared... I'm usually like that with games like that though. Eventually I'll be like... This is stupid, I'm just going to play it and it ends up being all in the mind (except for being scared by the original RE when I was a kid... that one is burned in despite not being really scared anymore). In Re4's case, it was the hype of reading about the villagers and stuff only to play the game and hear low quality and repeated dialog.

Devilstation said:
Nothing beats the dogs in RE1.

Oh god yes, the dogs and the first time I ever saw a zombie in that game was with the first encounter with the cut-scene where it turns around. Like said above, those were burned into my mind in childhood. 

Nothing like expecting it in the remake of Resident Evil, but they don't come through on the first time past.  

It had its moments, but the RE "shit your pants and scream like a school girl" award still goes to those FUCKING DOGS THAT JUMP THROUGH THE WINDOW IN RESIDENT EVIL 1

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

Not as scary as RE 1-3. Especially the REmake.

I wish they'd make an old school RE with the controls of RE4. :(

It's more of 'panic' than 'fear', everytime you hear someone scream out your presence, you always looking around in panic as to where they are coming from or else you are dead. I love that part of the game.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

The sequence during the initial villiage brings a intensity and panic then almost anything I've ever played before

kingofwale said:
It's more of 'panic' than 'fear', everytime you hear someone scream out your presence, you always looking around in panic as to where they are coming from or else you are dead. I love that part of the game.

I guess it does in RE4 at first, but I became very tired of the combat and enemies after a short time and a little panic became annoyance. 

BluJay said:
It wasn't scary, but it was very intense.

I agree with that

Proud owner of a Wii, a Xbox360 and a PS3 (...two PS3's...)

My main brawl characters

Now playing:

wii:Super smash bros. brawl, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
ps3: Guitar hero 3,4,5. Rock Band 1,2. Resistance 2
Xbox360:Nhl2k9, Mass Effect, MW2, Halo 3.