By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Capcom don't seem to have a lot of faith in Vgchartz data...

he said "not very"
which means it is somewhat accurate, but not very accurate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
wiiforever said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Capcom makes the best games period.

*Inserts Capital Letter*

imo, i think Ninty makes the best game period.

No way. Nintendo's are overrated.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

gitanil said:
I have a feeling that the guy thinks we count shipping data, and by that rule our numbers should be higher...

I agree with this statement.

Whoa whoa.

First, this is indeed someone affilliated with Capcom. Second, he's almost certainly talking particularly about software sales, and probably mostly talking about current (not LTD) software sales. And even then, he just says that we're "not very" accurate. 

Which, unless Ioi wants to correct me, is about a spot on description. The December figures in particular for software figures were rather grossly off, with CoD4 alone being over 1 million undertracked.

Ioi's monthly hardware figures and particularly his LTD hardware figures are much more arcurate based on the occasional reports we get out of Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft.

And as always, Ioi is clearly putting in every effort to increase accuracy.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Read the whole thread, folks.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
wiiforever said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Capcom makes the best games period.

*Inserts Capital Letter*

imo, i think Ninty makes the best game period.

No way. Nintendo's are overrated.

Metacritic scores of over 90

Nintendo               16

Capcom                   8

Sony                        1

Microsoft                  0 

Konami                   17

Electronic Arts        12 

Not the perfect way of sorting issues but better than nothing. Konami comes out on top.If any other developers comes into it let me know. 

thetonestarr said:
Read the whole thread, folks.

No. In fact i refuse to read the post posted and instead will make a snap judgement that capcom and anyone who works at capcom or talks about them kindly can rot in a hole and die!

No seriously... the software sales stuff does need some work doesn't it? It's a lot harder to track.

It's still pretty damn close though. 

Actually he just said "not very" which could mean we are pretty accurate.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

capcom are non-believers of vg-chartz

ssj12 said:
Actually he just said "not very" which could mean we are pretty accurate.

No. Whenever someone says something is "not very accurate", they mean exactly that - it's not very accurate.

Meaning it's not all that accurate at all.

I don't care what kinds of spins you put on it, that is always the way it will be taken in the English language. Simple as that. 

SW-5120-1900-6153