By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spiderman 3

9.5/10 http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932030.asp

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network
Munkeh said:
ckmlb said:
Yeah, it's getting roasted by the reviews, gamespy is the only one to give it a good review 4.25/5

I'm kinda bored at the moment, so I think I may just get the PS3 version anyway. I haven't got any Spiderman games in the past, I might just get it to swing around the city and fly the goblin around.

Just get Spiderman 2. I assume it's BC with the PS3.

Spiderman 3 seems to suck in every way imaginable on all systems. Even the movie is getting some poor reviews as compared to it's predecessors.

And is it just me, or do these shots from the Wii version remind anyone else of Superman 64?

Minus the fog of course but... damn it looks bad. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Read that the DS version is actually quite good - IGN gave it a 8.1. How often is the DS version of a game better than the 360, PS3 & Wii versions? ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Blue3 said:
Movie to game = always avoid.

Spider-Man 2 got very good reviews... Too bad the third installment didn't receive the same treatment. I was actually considering buying it until I read the consensus.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Rushing movie games out to make it in time for the release of the movie almost always makes for a terrible game.  TMNT was another recent example of that.  All the versions apparently have problems, but the Wii graphics are inexcusable.  I know they were on a short development cycle and the wiimote requires more time and resources than the other games which leaves less time for graphics but wow.  Early 360 games may have looked like Xbox games but at least they didn't look like PS1 games.  According to IGN depsite looking like an N64 game (sans fog) it can't even maintain a decent frame rate.

I would hope it sells terribly on all consoles and 3rd party devs learn they can't rush trash like this out the door.  But it won't, they'll make plenty of profit.  Maybe even more than if they took the time and money to release a good game later.  Capitalism is a cruel mistress at times.

@Shams

For TMNT the console, DS, and PSP versions all got 5.5-6/10 while the GBA version got an 8.5.  For all their gigahertz the Cell and Xenon couldn't match a 16.7MHz handheld. 

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
Movie to game = always avoid.

LOTR games, King Kong PS2

add me

It seems that DS version is a good one (made by vicarious visions) (8.1 ign)

stof said:
Munkeh said:
ckmlb said:
Yeah, it's getting roasted by the reviews, gamespy is the only one to give it a good review 4.25/5

I'm kinda bored at the moment, so I think I may just get the PS3 version anyway. I haven't got any Spiderman games in the past, I might just get it to swing around the city and fly the goblin around.

Just get Spiderman 2. I assume it's BC with the PS3.

Spiderman 3 seems to suck in every way imaginable on all systems. Even the movie is getting some poor reviews as compared to it's predecessors.

And is it just me, or do these shots from the Wii version remind anyone else of Superman 64?

Minus the fog of course but... damn it looks bad.

Yea its similar

I dont understand why the movie is getting bad reviews. I saw it last night it was awesome.  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Its unfortunate, I thought we were far beyond this "movie to game sucks" stage of gaming... but it looks like it is back. TMNT I think is a different story - and seems to be criticized due to poor gameplay decisions. Spiderman 3 has no excuse (except for insufficient dev time - and they were working from Spidey 2, right?). Treyarch (Spidey 2??) should have done the Wii/PS2 versions (based on existing engines), and another studio should have done the 360/PS3 versions. But again - if crappy gameplay decisions are made high up (i.e. by execs), nothing is going to save the game. Those Wii screenshots are disgusting - its obviously just a CRAP engine, or a really poorly designed game. I have never heard of a game losing textures (intentionally) for LODing purposes (not since the PS2).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099