By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angry readers want Gamespot reviewer fired after her GTA V review

Gamespot is usually late on half their reviews with online so they suck compared to IGN. Already got the game I do not care more than just a little whatever. It was a woman.

Around the Network
killerzX said:
nuckles87 said:

It's episodes like this that bring out the worst in the game community.

She's a transexual. So if she says she's a she, then she's a she. Calling her a "he" is just being grossly disrespectful. Sexual identity is more then just black and white.

It's ironic seeing the gaming community actually react to a review's substance for a change..only for it to react to it in the most immature way imaginable. Misogyny IS a problem in gaming. In the community, in the industry, in the product. No, it isn't a universal truth and it can certainly be overblown by the feminists, but it IS an issue nonetheless, and it would not surprise in the least if GTA5 has that problem. She isn't saying it's a bad game because of it, but if she thinks that is a problem, she has every right to address it.

WagnerPaiva said:
I already pre-ordered the game, but, well, I respect her opinion, I don´t agree, but respect. If we start this kind of argument, every "save the princess" game is misoginistic. That is just dumb, it is a video game, it suposed to be fun, nothing more.

For reviewers who do this for a living, video games are more then that. They are art. Complaining about misogyny in a game's story comes hand in hand with treating it like art. What you advocate is that we treat video games as toys. If you want to, that's fine, but I think that ignores all the work video game makers put into their product.

if i say im the queen of england, will you call me that, or if a consider myself a "zer" or a tree or Blue. will you be disrespectful.

This is incredibly ignorant. Sexuality is not nearly a clean cut as you like to think. Transexuality is not caused by people playing pretend: these people physically and mentally IDENTIFY as another sex, just as you identify yourself as a heterosexual man. There is a lot of mystery surrounding human sexuality, and a lot of scientific evidence pointing towards biological causes for it, while any theories or papers advocating psychological reasons ranging from questionable to completely unfounded.

Though, either way, NO ONE in the scientific community is advocating what you are: that they are just faking it. Which, again, is incredibly ignorant and disrespectful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexualism

Like it or not, Carolyn is a woman, and you calling her otherwise would be tantamount to some ignorant stranger calling you a woman.

WTH?? Hell I am ready to PO a lot of idiots and build a nice little shrine to her... it's a opinion.. and you know what.. the game still got a 9... it isn't like she used that opinion and gave a 4 or something...she gave it a damn high score.. Geez..

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Makes me emabarrassed to be a gamer. The wole point of a review is that it should be subjective.

I'm not surprised that this happened.

Around the Network

I really dont care about the score, but its really obvious why ''she'' has problems with GTA themes. I mean, ''she'' criticized GTA for being too sexist and dirty??? Its the fucking GTA...

mjo011 said:
Makes me emabarrassed to be a gamer. The wole point of a review is that it should be subjective.

No, the whole point of the review is to review the quality of the game and that isn't subjective. I can not like a certain game or genre but i shouldnt deny its quality if its there

I don´t think that she should be fired...buuuut it is the same "woman" who gave Luigi´s Mansion 2 a 65% rating, complained about the difficulty (in a borderline easy game)...and there are even more controversial reviews out there

Kane1389 said:
I really dont care about the score, but its really obvious why ''she'' has problems with GTA themes. I mean, ''she'' criticized GTA for being too sexist and dirty??? Its the fucking GTA...

It is obvious to me why "you" don't like her review, I'm pretty sure I might agree with the review and how she expressed her views. The idea of a review is to be subjective in all matters in the game, if there is a part of the story/characterisation that offends, mention it. It needs to be else what is the point of being a reviewer? Mentioning stats and facts only? She might as well have just stated facts about what you can do and then said "You will either like it or won't like it."

Kane1389 said:

No, the whole point of the review is to review the quality of the game and that isn't subjective. I can not like a certain game or genre but i shouldnt deny its quality if its there.

"You will either like the game or you won't like it."

Hmm, pie.

Perhaps we should wait until we actually play the game before we ask for her resignation? I mean, I'd hate to play the game and discover that she's right. Also, I'm afraid the game won't be sexist enough. One look at my WWE 13 or Saints Row created characters and you'll know where I stand on the whole misogynism issue.