By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One has been “Beta Tested in the Future” ad states

landguy1 said:

Well, it just so happens that htis ad is from M$ then?  Based on your posting history, that is unlikely.  Now, if you posted a half dozen ads from Nintendo and Sony that are "bad", then I would believe your statement.

I'll help him out, just cause these are funny.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
landguy1 said:

Well, it just so happens that htis ad is from M$ then?  Based on your posting history, that is unlikely.  Now, if you posted a half dozen ads from Nintendo and Sony that are "bad", then I would believe your statement.

I'll help him out, just cause these are funny.

The middle one is the best.

landguy1 said:
The haters are working so hard to try and put down the XB1, they are even after the advertising.

Microsoft is a big enough company they don't need it to have "lovers" and they can withstand people pointing out, and making fun of, really stupid ad campaigns they have run.  Every since the Orthy fiasco, they have manifested pretty large degree of incompetence in the communication department, so why not point out the stupidity once again?

The ONE is an electronic device that plays games, and does other living room hub activity.  Why you are considered about people putting it down, is beyond me, outside of your are getting personally hurt that a company that could care less you even exist (outside of your wallet) has one of their products being bashed for a stupid ad campaign.  One of their meanings of that spot is their product will be beta tested by consumers.  Others is that it is futureproof, which is the same stupidity Sony tried to run for the PS3.  And everyone is supposed to just shut up and make sure Microsoft's consumer offering isn't "put down"?  Really?

kirby007 said:
everything aside how horrible is it if everyone goes all raging over it?
ins't that the main purpose of advertisement

If that is the point, that could explain the OUYA puke ad.

richardhutnik said:
landguy1 said:
The haters are working so hard to try and put down the XB1, they are even after the advertising.

Microsoft is a big enough company they don't need it to have "lovers" and they can withstand people pointing out, and making fun of, really stupid ad campaigns they have run.  Every since the Orthy fiasco, they have manifested pretty large degree of incompetence in the communication department, so why not point out the stupidity once again?

The ONE is an electronic device that plays games, and does other living room hub activity.  Why you are considered about people putting it down, is beyond me, outside of your are getting personally hurt that a company that could care less you even exist (outside of your wallet) has one of their products being bashed for a stupid ad campaign.  One of their meanings of that spot is their product will be beta tested by consumers.  Others is that it is futureproof, which is the same stupidity Sony tried to run for the PS3.  And everyone is supposed to just shut up and make sure Microsoft's consumer offering isn't "put down"?  Really?

@bolded sony was praised for EW MY GEWD the futurepreewfcell, sony got love for bringing that on the table, microsoft brings also interesting stuff and gets hate = total different situation.. im just here pointing things like that out

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
richardhutnik said:
landguy1 said:

@bolded sony was praised for EW MY GEWD the futurepreewfcell, sony got love for bringing that on the table, microsoft brings also interesting stuff and gets hate = total different situation.. im just here pointing things like that out

Got love by who? Sony fans who were willing to eat up anything they tossed their way?

That works for all camps. It isn't a Sony fan exclusive. All camps have their cheerleaders and apologists.

Sony overall, whether it be gamers or the media was shit on left and right when the console was released. You were here during that. You should know better.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
kirby007 said:
richardhutnik said:
landguy1 said:

Got love by who? Sony fans who were willing to eat up anything they tossed their way?

That works for all camps. It isn't a Sony fan exclusive. All camps have their cheerleaders and apologists.

Sony overall, whether it be gamers or the media was shit on left and right when the console was released. You were here during that. You should know better.

Pretty much when Sony did that "futureproof" round, the Sony partisans were all rah-rah about it, while the critics mocked it.  Heck, I made fun of it and said stuff like "he who attempts to futureproof will have no future, just like waterproofing prevents connecting with the water" and pointed out the price point being too high.  And others mocked it also.  People in the different camps fail to see the weakenesses and sense their side is persecuted more than it really is.

richardhutnik said:
Euphoria14 said:
kirby007 said:

Pretty much when Sony did that "futureproof" round, the Sony partisans were all rah-rah about it, while the critics mocked it.  Heck, I made fun of it and said stuff like "he who attempts to futureproof will have no future, just like waterproofing prevents connecting with the water" and pointed out the price point being too high.  And others mocked it also.  People in the different camps fail to see the weakenesses and sense their side is persecuted more than it really is.

I absolutely agree. When PS3 released, up until late 2009 or so was mocked by all. Heck, it was bad to the point where the critics not only bashed the console, but we had articles poking fun at the Sony fans.

We had articles comparing them to Rush Limbaugh. We had a journalist talking about how Sony fans needed antidepressants in a game review!

I am going to try and find them both. I believe the 2nd one I mention was a video review.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Figures Variety would delete it, lol. I actually found the VGChartz thread about the Rush Limbaugh PS3 fan article.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=60147

Going to be tougher to find the video with the female journalist who comments about PS3 fans needing antidepressants.

Currently playing:

richardhutnik said:
landguy1 said:

Wow, from me making a comment abot people hating on an ad you come to the conclusion that I believe that M$ cares about me???  Wow, what an imagination.  I'm speaking about an ad and you are going on about it impacting me personally?  Like you said, it is just an ad, nothing more.  My statement was about how people (haters) seem to pile on and bash the ad just to do so.  If this was the only ad they were using and was the centerpiece of their advertising campaign I would agree that it was lacking.  Not every ad is going to connect with every user, that's why there are son many different kinds of ads.  This one obviously will not connect with the haters, as they are trying to be clever and only someone who doesn't have a predisposed opinion will be open to it.  So, haters are going to hate.