By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One has been “Beta Tested in the Future” ad states

I didn't understand the ad... Why make it so complicated?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Why put "beta"?seriously ...

Reminds of the brilliant Phillips' slogan: "Let's make things better" Sorry our current products aren't that great but we'll make them better.

Good to know they'll keep on beta testing the Xbox One in the future, they did start already right.

How's this for a slogan "this thing plays awesome games. Buy one."

JWeinCom said:
How's this for a slogan "this thing plays awesome games. Buy one."

Complete with a picture of Chad Warden?

Around the Network

It's depressing to think someone was paid money to think that up...

i cant help it but..

The future.. that wouldn't happen to be Nov 22nd would it?

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Tested is past tense... future is future time yet to happen... makes no sense and is stupid

thismeintiel said:

I know what they are trying to say, but Lord does it come across poorly. Seems more they're saying they'll get around to Beta testing it sometime in the future. I'm sure your average customer would take it that way, too. And I definitely wouldn't be saying this with RROD very familiar in gamer's minds. Probably won't be too long before this ad is removed, or at least worded better.

The average customer isn't stupid; they'll get it. It's just a dumb way to say "This shit is the future".

Max King of the Wild said:
Tested is past tense... future is future time yet to happen... makes no sense and is stupid

If you put "To be" before it, it reads "To be beta tested in the future" and makes sense.  I see it as clever.  Problem is that it is too clever and you can have a field day with it, making it say stuff Microsoft likely doesn't want to convey.  Well, considering what Microsoft has sent out as messages, Orthy onward, sending out messages they don't want to convey seems to be their nore.