By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 for PS4 listed at GameStop

Mensrea said:
Uncharted 3 left a nasty taste of sac in my mouth. Make this game like uncharted 2 please.

?? If you think uc3 was that bad I hate to see what you think of others... 3 was still an excellent game, actually had a better story then 2.

Around the Network
Mensrea said:
Uncharted 3 left a nasty taste of sac in my mouth. Make this game like uncharted 2 please.

100% agreed ! Uncharted 2 was pretty good as a "cinematic.blockbuster movie-whatever"-experience (if you knew from the beginning what to expect (average/mediocre gameplay, outstanding presentation, nice story, nice set pieces)

Uncharted 3....you could seriously see the strings ....that they came up with locations first and built the story around them (Drake is unconcious......and suddenly *smoke and mirrors* tadaaa ! Ship graveyard !!!1!!) ...weak villain, the desert scene was annoying...meh

...not as horrible as Uncharted 1, but not very good either....

...sky high production values and mo caps though...

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
oh god i hope not, uncharted 4 yes but not from naughty dog

What are Sony bend working on love to see them take care of the Uncharted series while ND can shoot out new ip's

Aldro said:
daredevil.shark said:
Deyon said:
zumnupy10 said:
Just make it more like UC2 and less like UC3, ok ND ?

No! Don't listen to this man, Naughty Dog. My opinion is more important than his. Make it more like Uncharted 3, mmkay?

Make single player like uncharted 2 and make multiplayer like uncharted 3. Problem solved. Ha ha ha.

No! I want a symbolic/deep personal story over a story with just a focus on adventure alone.

Perhaps find a middle ground: I'd be OK with that although then again: UC3 did have one of the greatest adventure rides I've experienced.

SO NO!

You are partially correct. Uncharted 3 went two steps forward in set piece moments and in multiplayer. But it went one step backward in story department. I mentioned uncharted 3 here because uncharted 3's story was flawed. Chloe and charlie cutter came in this game for "filling" the roles of side characters. They didnt played decent role in the story and after cutters injury they just vanished. They came to say, "Look we are in the game too". On the other hand uncharetd 2 was properly executed. IMO dividing the Naughty dog might have effected the game. I do hope in future such incidents doesnt occur.

daredevil.shark said:
Aldro said:
daredevil.shark said:
Deyon said:
zumnupy10 said:

No! Don't listen to this man, Naughty Dog. My opinion is more important than his. Make it more like Uncharted 3, mmkay?

Make single player like uncharted 2 and make multiplayer like uncharted 3. Problem solved. Ha ha ha.

No! I want a symbolic/deep personal story over a story with just a focus on adventure alone.

Perhaps find a middle ground: I'd be OK with that although then again: UC3 did have one of the greatest adventure rides I've experienced.

SO NO!

You are partially correct. Uncharted 3 went two steps forward in set piece moments and in multiplayer. But it went one step backward in story department. I mentioned uncharted 3 here because uncharted 3's story was flawed. Chloe and charlie cutter came in this game for "filling" the roles of side characters. They didnt played decent role in the story and after cutters injury they just vanished. They came to say, "Look we are in the game too". On the other hand uncharetd 2 was properly executed. IMO dividing the Naughty dog might have effected the game. I do hope in future such incidents doesnt occur.

But Chloe and Cutter leaving was essiental to the plot. It showed that Drake was being abandoned even by his friends. The whole theme throughout being his obsession over who he is to the point where he pretends to be someone greater by emulating francis drakes legacy. That shit was awesome! Hence 'Drakes Deception' (with Deception being an underlying theme that is seen throughout though).

Like the rub al khali poem says =>

"Come in under the shadow of this red rock. And I will show you something different. From either your shadow at morning striding behind you, or your shadow at evening... rising to meet you. I will show you fear, in a handful of dust."

Drake is a mere shadow of himself. He lacks an identity and tries to emulate a legacy which is not his own. This is in order for him to feel that he has a greater purpose in life rather than being a "filthy little runaway" like Marlowe puts it. He's obsession and will to follow in these trails puts everyone he loves in danger. In the desert: He's lonely, vulnerable and he keeps pleading after Sully. It was a point where I actually for once sympathized with Drake, something I had not done in any of the other entries in the series. I felt like I got to know the real Drake and not the joking guy which Sully even mentions towards the end by saying "Just stop being a wise ass for one second". The whole Dry docks level shows how Drake is stupid enough to really assume that Sully is there to begin with and that in turn puts himself through hell. It's his weak spot. And when he drinks the water in Ubar => His greatest fear is realized when Sully is "shot".

Chloe leaving was true to her character in some regards. In UC2 she doesnt want to *save* the world, she wants out but they're already so deep INTO Shambhala so really: she stays around and takes a wounded Elena to the exit. When asked that she should play the hero more often, she shruggs it off and says "Nah".

Also UC2 is too long compared to UC3 due to the fact that the variation in UC3 is far more than that of UC2. In UC2: You really just kill, platform, kill, platform, solve puzzles. The whole Nepal area is nearly killing constantly and by that: It's mostly shooting I refer to.

In UC3: We're given a brawl system, there are chase sequences, platforming is still there, shooting is still there, drug sequences, setpieces that alter the animation and way the game works, water is introduced with a swim mechanic, vertical shooting (by climbing), horse sequences and so on.

Around the Network
Aldro said:
daredevil.shark said:
Aldro said:
daredevil.shark said:
Deyon said:
zumnupy10 said:

SO NO!

But Chloe and Cutter leaving was essiental to the plot. It showed that Drake was being abandoned even by his friends. The whole theme throughout being his obsession over who he is to the point where he pretends to be someone greater by emulating francis drakes legacy. That shit was awesome! Hence 'Drakes Deception' (with Deception being an underlying theme that is seen throughout though).

"Come in under the shadow of this red rock. And I will show you something different. From either your shadow at morning striding behind you, or your shadow at evening... rising to meet you. I will show you fear, in a handful of dust."

Drake is a mere shadow of himself. He lacks an identity and tries to emulate a legacy which is not his own. This is in order for him to feel that he has a greater purpose in life rather than being a "filthy little runaway" like Marlowe puts it. He's obsession and will to follow in these trails puts everyone he loves in danger. In the desert: He's lonely, vulnerable and he keeps pleading after Sully. It was a point where I actually for once sympathized with Drake, something I had not done in any of the other entries in the series. I felt like I got to know the real Drake and not the joking guy which Sully even mentions towards the end by saying "Just stop being a wise ass for one second". The whole Dry docks level shows how Drake is stupid enough to really assume that Sully is there to begin with and that in turn puts himself through hell. It's his weak spot. And when he drinks the water in Ubar => His greatest fear is realized when Sully is "shot".

Chloe leaving was true to her character in some regards. In UC2 she doesnt want to *save* the world, she wants out but they're already so deep INTO Shambhala so really: she stays around and takes a wounded Elena to the exit. When asked that she should play the hero more often, she shruggs it off and says "Nah".

Also UC2 is too long compared to UC3 due to the fact that the variation in UC3 is far more than that of UC2. In UC2: You really just kill, platform, kill, platform, solve puzzles. The whole Nepal area is nearly killing constantly and by that: It's mostly shooting I refer to.

In UC3: We're given a brawl system, there are chase sequences, platforming is still there, shooting is still there, drug sequences, setpieces that alter the animation and way the game works, water is introduced with a swim mechanic, vertical shooting (by climbing), horse sequences and so on.

Point noted. But still for single player I will give uncharted 2 a better mark compared to uncharetd 3. BTW excellant explanation bro.

daredevil.shark said:
Aldro said:
daredevil.shark said:
Aldro said:
daredevil.shark said:
Deyon said:
zumnupy10 said:

SO NO!

Point noted. But still for single player I will give uncharted 2 a better mark compared to uncharetd 3. BTW excellant explanation bro.

Thats fine :D It set up the characters I grew to love in UC3 ^^

It'll come out sooner are later,it's just a matter of when???

oldschoolfool said:

November 11, 2014

JoeTheBro said:
oldschoolfool said:

November 11, 2014

If that's a gamestop date,then that really doesn't mean anything. I hope that's true,but I'm not getting my hopes up.