Tagged games:

Which one?

Super Mario World 75 68.81%

Sonic the Hedgehog 24 22.02%

Too close to call 8 7.34%

Haven't played them 2 1.83%

Total:109
JEMC said:

Do we really need to use the spoiler tag with 20+ years old games? I won't use it.

I was a SEGA follower (I don't like the fanboy term) back then and it obviously affects choice, which is Sonic.

I agree that Mario World is a better game, but after playing both games (a friend of mine had the SNES and the game) I had more fun with Sonic than with Mario for a variety of reasons: the urge to collect the rings to be safe against eneimes and get extra lives, the PCs with power ups like the shield, the different music styles, the animals that run free when you killed their mechanical trap... yep, I liked Sonic more than Mario.

Well, the few seconds it would take to obscure spoilers is a small price to pay in order to avoid spoiling a game for even one person. It's not that big of a deal with games like Mario and Sonic, obviously, but it does matter with others. I'm just putting that disclaimer in all my threads as a precaution. I've already had several games spoiled for me on this site and I'd hate for it to happen to someone else.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
JEMC said:

Do we really need to use the spoiler tag with 20+ years old games? I won't use it.

I was a SEGA follower (I don't like the fanboy term) back then and it obviously affects choice, which is Sonic.

I agree that Mario World is a better game, but after playing both games (a friend of mine had the SNES and the game) I had more fun with Sonic than with Mario for a variety of reasons: the urge to collect the rings to be safe against eneimes and get extra lives, the PCs with power ups like the shield, the different music styles, the animals that run free when you killed their mechanical trap... yep, I liked Sonic more than Mario.

Well, the few seconds it would take to obscure spoilers is a small price to pay in order to avoid spoiling a game for even one person. It's not that big of a deal with games like Mario and Sonic, obviously, but it does matter with others. I'm just putting that disclaimer in all my threads as a precaution. I've already had several games spoiled for me on this site and I'd hate for it to happen to someone else.

I have no problem requesting the spoiler tag for new games, but Super Mario World and Sonic have more than 20 years.

Besides, there's nothing in those games spolier-worthy. Who doesn't know what those games are about?!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Super Mario are better games then Sonic.

I grew up playing Sonic. Unfortunately I never had a SNES and I have yet to truly experience Super Mario World. I'm not exactly all about platformers, so it's not a high priority for me, but I'll get around to it eventually.

Sonic was a nice rush, but it wore off so quickly. The core mechanics of the series were never going to go far.