By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of these games will sell the most (Battle of the Titans)

Which of these games will have the higher total sales worldwide?

GTA V 88 62.86%

Pokémon X/Y 32 22.86%

CoD:Ghost 20 14.29%

Total:140

Hmmm, I'm surprised so many ppl thinks GTA V will outsell IV with so many ppl moving on to next gen. IV had the entire PS360's lifespan to sell units. No one will be picking up copies of V in 2 or 3 years from now.

Ok, I think I finally made my prediction:
GTA V: 20mil
Pokémon X/Y: 19mil
CoD: Ghost: 18mil

Would'nt be surprised if I ended up underestimating the numbers of CoD. While for Pokémon, I think it can go either way, could end up doing much lower than I expected cause of the small install base, but could also end up doing much more because it will end up selling for many many years. This game will probably be still shipping units in 5 years while GTA and CoD won't.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

Pokemon would have to sell Red & Blue numbers to beat those two. GTA is releasing on at least two platforms, and CoD is releasing on like 6.

Ghosts will clean up. 25.32 million
GTA V will also do well. 20.65 million
Pokemon 13.43 million

landguy1 said:
Pokemon 13.43 million

I REALLY doubt that X/Y will sell less than Black/White.

I also see no reasons why Ghosts would outsell Black Ops2.

As for GTA V I think you may be spot on.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

GTA V. I'm quite sure both GTA V and Pokemon X/Y will top Call of Duty, though.

Around the Network
Metrium said:
landguy1 said:
Pokemon 13.43 million

I REALLY doubt that X/Y will sell less than Black/White.

I also see no reasons why Ghosts would outsell Black Ops2.

As for GTA V I think you may be spot on.

I am pretty sure that all three will be accurate with 1.675492%.  I have been studying just this topic for almost 6 months and have made many thousands of calculations to come to these #s.  Time to start my calculations on the predicted sales of each console for generation 9.

GTA V > Pokemon > Ghosts

Click HERE and be happy 

Hmm i got:

1st: GTA5 at 20+ mil
2nd: Cod: Chosts at 20+ mil as well but expecting gta5 to sell more
3rd Pokemon X/Y 15 mil

I think the realistic option would be COD ghosts because it has done amazing in terms gaining audience and then we have cod ghosts being on next generation platforms too while r* hasn't confirmed GTA V for next generation.

pezus said:
RazorDragon said:

GTA V. I'm quite sure both GTA V and Pokemon X/Y will top Call of Duty, though.

How much do you expect each to sell?

GTA V > 20m

Pokemon X/Y = 16m

CoD Ghosts = 15m