By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - VPN appreciation for europeans using US based XBL services

ElephantVPN is hands down the fastest vpn service I have used.
They also have eleNet that allows you to create virtual networks
which your friends can join and you can LAN games across the internet
without the need for XBL membership.

Around the Network
Atheba said:
ElephantVPN is hands down the fastest vpn service I have used.
They also have eleNet that allows you to create virtual networks
which your friends can join and you can LAN games across the internet
without the need for XBL membership.

thank you for the info I'll look into it! where do you connect from and towards wich country VPNservers ??

and for XBL less MP I don't really care since the point of having a VPN in my case is to use geolocked services that are behind the XBL pay wall, so I have a gold sub anyway and I recently pilled up on some discount so I'm set for a long while on XBL :D but thank you, if I ever find a friend that isn't able to afford XBL anymore I'll let him know about that

just checked it out, eleDNS though looks very interesting... have you ever tried that solution ????

Yeah... I use eleDNS on my playstation to watch Hulu, Netflix & Amazon Instant... Works really well.

I'm based in South Africa and use eleVPN to connect to US or eleDNS when I want to watch video streaming.

Netflix and Hulu plays absolutely smooth over eleDNS. 

The nice part of eleDNS is that it doesn't slow your connection down at all like with a VPN. And eleDNS unlocks services in different regions without requiring you to switch VPN servers. A VPN adds overhead to your connection because of encryption and because of that you can lose 10-30% of your speed. PPTP is better in this regard in terms of speed... eleDNS 

thanks for the update.... I still have hidemyass as a solution right now (since you took so long to answer :D) but I think I will give eleDNS a try next time I have to renew my subscription...

Around the Network

Sorry... I have been busy. No worries... Enjoy!