By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Upon closer look... FF XV looks bad...

Tagged games:

outlawauron said:
I disagree completely. Where KH2 did story, characters, and just about everything worse than KH1, the gameplay was most definitely better.

The gameplay was lacking on strategy and thought processing. You don't need to think when you play the boss fights. You just spam the X button and activate the reaction commands. It was enjoyable to some extent but it wasn't as "strategic" as the first game. And I say "strategic" because this games are really simple.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Anfebious said:

But that is my opinon, what do you think of Final Fantasy XV?

I am super hyped!

That's certainly optimistic! I really hope Square doesn't screw this but it seems unlikely .

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

VXIII said:
One thing for sure, the battle system is not oversimplified. The only thing that could ruin it if they make the game too easy. Go ahead, inform yourselves :)

http://gamewise.co/games/14235/Final-Fantasy-XV/Gameplay/Battle-System

Didn't feel like rewording all of that.

instead of using Noctis you can use party members!

Imagine if in Kingdom hearts you could use goofy or donald? Yeah it would suck.

We still don't know how the gameplay is EXACTLY going to be but we know that is going to be Kingdom hearts like and that is not a good star.

As a longtime fan of Final Fantasy, I consider myself fairly open-minded to new game play approaches (I really enjoyed the combat in some of the franchise's massive departures like XII, XIII, and Tactics), and having also enjoyed the Kingdom Hearts series, so I'm not worried about the gameplay of Final Fantasy XV.

My biggest concern for Final Fantasy XV is that it seemingly continues the serious and melodramatic approach that has permeated the series in VIII, and increasingly in X, XII, and XIII. From Palom and Porom's antics, Faris and her crew, several of the character interactions in VI, to the whole Don Corneo fiasco in VII and all the active time events in IX, the comedy and light-heartedness of the earlier FF titles has largely been absent. While I'm not expecting XV to suddenly changed its tone, I hope the next entry in the series attempts to bring some of the lighter tone and comedy back.

arcelonious said:

As a longtime fan of Final Fantasy, I consider myself fairly open-minded to new game play approaches (I really enjoyed the combat in some of the franchise's massive departures like XII, XIII, and Tactics), and having also enjoyed the Kingdom Hearts series, so I'm not worried about the gameplay of Final Fantasy XV.

My biggest concern for Final Fantasy XV is that it seemingly continues the serious and melodramatic approach that has permeated the series in VIII, and increasingly in X, XII, and XIII. From Palom and Porom's antics, Faris and her crew, several of the character interactions in VI, to the whole Don Corneo fiasco in VII and all the active time events in IX, the comedy and light-heartedness of the earlier FF titles has largely been absent. While I'm not expecting XV to suddenly changed its tone, I hope the next entry in the series attempts to bring some of the lighter tone and comedy back.

Wow I agree with that. What's up with all that serious ans dumb FF 8 plot xD. And with each passing game the become more and more ridculous. The plot in Final Fantasy XIII was a joke, that ending sucked.

Around the Network

I'll just glad it actually exists given the insane wait for it already.

It looks fine and I will base it on its own merits rather than against past entries as I have had to learn with Final Fantasy.

Soriku said:

Did you play on the Standard difficulty? The game is too easy on that difficulty. On Proud it's better. In Final Mix+ there's Critical Mode which is even harder and you can even play it on lvl 1 (it's balanced though).

There are a lot of people that don't like vanilla KH2's battle system that much but enjoyed the Final Mix+ version much more.

So basically I wouldn't use vanilla KH2 as a benchmark or anything.

I played on proud mode on the first run. The only fight that was difficult was that xain battle in the beauty and the beast castle.

Buy you might be right that Final Mix is way better. My friend played it on Critical mode and beat every optional boss, even Terra! But I never borrowed a copy from him as I was fed up with the series...

It's still the release we got and I hope they never get back to it, especially in final Fantasy XV. The combat system on later games improved though. I liked the inventory system from 358/2 days and enjoyed the battle system in Birth by Sleep... Still I think Final Fantasy should stay a turn based series.

Augen said:

It looks fine and I will base it on its own merits rather than against past entries as I have had to learn with Final Fantasy.

That's the problem the wait was so much that the game need to be one of the best games ever made.

Anfebious said:
Augen said:

That's the problem the wait was so much that the game need to be one of the best games ever made.

I would have agreed. In 2011. Now? It and Last Guardian just need to get out as all my hype has died with time and my expectations have been significantly lowered.

Augen said:

I would have agreed. In 2011. Now? It and Last Guardian just need to get out as all my hype has died with time and my expectations have been significantly lowered.

Honestly they should stop doing these kind of things. We get older... we are HUMANS SQUARE! We waited for 7 years... I was 13 years old when they unveiled the game... time flies...