By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Vita TV Already Sold Out on Amazon Japan

PlayStation Vita TV Already Sold Out on Amazon Japan

Yesterday Sony Computer Entertainment surprised pretty much everyone by announcing the PlayStation Vita TV, that was almost immediately available for preorder in Japan. How did Japanese gamers react? Looks like they bought it in droves.

At the moment the Vita-powered microconsole is already sold out on Amazon Japan in both its incarnations (stand alone and value pack including a DualShock 3 controller and an 8 GB memory card).

Below you can check out a screencap of both offerings. If the initial impression is to be believed, looks like Sony has a winner here, at least in Japan. We’ll have to wait to see what the reaction in the west will be.

Source⇒ http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/10/playstation-vita-tv-already-sold-out-on-amazon-japan/

Around the Network

Great news, Hopefully this will drive vita software sales up and encourage devs to make more software for it.

Also any idea on how much they had available?

think-man said:
Great news, Hopefully this will drive vita software sales up and encourage devs to make more software for it.

Only thing i remember selling this fast was pokemon xy bundles, Gold Edition sold out in 2 hours O.o the blue edition in 9 hours! This vita tv did it in a day...

think-man said:

we wont kno, wen they announced it for pokemon bundles (selling out) they were very little in detail.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
think-man said:

we wont kno, wen they announced it for pokemon bundles (selling out) they were very little in detail.

I'm guessing around 50k first week shipment but Amazon probably has 15k slots lol I dunno :P

Nice. It's been weeks and the 2DS still hasn't sold out! Vitatv>2ds confirmed!

Now that's interesting.

They probably had like two dozen up for pre-order, though.  

JoeTheBro said:
Nice. It's been weeks and the 2DS still hasn't sold out! Vitatv>2ds confirmed!

ok biased is showing. I Bet you didn't kno there is NOOOOO 2DS in japan lol. Something selling out doesn't automatically mean it sold more too! look at pokemon bundles. they sold out in 2 hours, but it doesn't mean they outsold PS Vita TV cuz shipments might be much much less.... Come on Joe! B4 cracking on 2DS, you might want to watch wat you said...... CUZ YOUR WRONG

pokoko said:

Now that's interesting.

They probably had like two dozen up for pre-order, though.  

i would say like 20k! Amazon is pretty big