Forums - PC Discussion - Battlefield 4 PC Requirements

My video card can't run that.

Around the Network

Only 2 GB of RAM short and only got a 2G graphics card for recommended settings

Need to upgrade both my RAM and CPU/motherboard next year tho

Might do GPU too but ill wait and see how my GTX 660 TI holds out till then

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

hmm interesting.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't someone say that BF4 was running not as well on the next gen consoles? Perhaps I am getting if confused with other game (maybe watchdogs or something lol).

I guess without going into a full on technical battle, assuming I am not mixing games up, are those recommended spec well above the two consoles coming out?

the-pi-guy said:

What kind of parameters do companies usually have for minimum and recommended requirements?

Generally?

Minimum is so that your computer won't struggle to play the game (i.e. errors / overheating), but expect lowest settings on everything

Recommended is usually the specs required to use most of thefeatures of the game at good resoultion and decent framerate (subjective), med-high settings

Few companies post max specs anymore tho.

But some developers kinda throw the meaning of all 3 around (remembers Crysis 1 settings *shudders*)

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

I know this will sound silly, but when they say graphics memory, do they mean the memory of the actual graphics card? Cause damn, 3GB on a graphics card is A LOT. However, I'm sure my Geforce GTX 560 Ti will still run this nicely. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Around the Network

Hmm I wonder if the other upcoming FB3 based games will have similar requirements over the next couple years.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

AMD six-core? Why my AMD quad-core is definitely better than some Intel quad-cores.

pokoko said:
AMD six-core? Why my AMD quad-core is definitely better than some Intel quad-cores.

they probably should have added Bulldozzer/Piledriver and Ivy Bridge/Haswell to those descriptions. But system requirements are usually more rule of thumb type deals, not to be taken too literally. And shouldn't take into account things like overclocking.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

My 7870 XT is only 2gb... I'm I screwed?

Light travels faster than Sound, which is why some people appear bright until they speak.

CrisisOne said:
My 7870 XT is only 2gb... I'm I screwed?

Not screwed, but probably should stay away from Ultra or intensive AA methods such as MSAA or SSAA

@TheVoxelman on twitter