By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ken Kutaragi honored a DICE

Check this out here:

He won the Lifetime Achievement Award

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Great video.
Although I think this should be in the Headlines sections. (without the vid, just pure text.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Very nostalgic video...

"In 2000, Kutaragi launched the PS2 computer entertainment system, which combined the worlds first 128 bit cpu emotion engine with DVD disk playability."

I hate to nitpick but Dreamcast had a 128 bit chip...plus emotion engine wasn't a 128 bit processor. It was 4 32 bit values on a single registry.

All in all, I'd love to talk to Ken over a beer and see how he single handedly came up with the emotion engine idea...

He deserves it...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

He really does deserve it. I feel sorry for him, the way he was treated earlier on in this generation, was very foul, he indeed is a genius and a leader, some people call him crazy, but it is known that leaders are a little crazy simply because they can see things we can't, Kataragy, iwata(the Nin president, did i spell that right) and Yumauchi (the ex nin pres lol) have all been called crazy at one point.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network
BornFirst. said:
He really does deserve it. I feel sorry for him, the way he was treated earlier on in this generation, was very foul, he indeed is a genius and a leader, some people call him crazy, but it is known that leaders are a little crazy simply because they can see things we can't, Kataragy, iwata(the Nin president, did i spell that right) and Yumauchi (the ex nin pres lol) have all been called crazy at one point.

You spelt Iwata correctly... but not Kutaragi (despite it being in the thread title) nor Yamauchi

Even thought I feel the last few years have been an uninterrupted series of horrible blunders for him, his career as a whole has really moved the industry forward. He deserves recognition for his work.

disolitude said:
Very nostalgic video...

"In 2000, Kutaragi launched the PS2 computer entertainment system, which combined the worlds first 128 bit cpu emotion engine with DVD disk playability."

I hate to nitpick but Dreamcast had a 128 bit chip...plus emotion engine wasn't a 128 bit processor. It was 4 32 bit values on a single registry.

All in all, I'd love to talk to Ken over a beer and see how he single handedly came up with the emotion engine idea...

32 time 4 = 128.

Also check out the Dreamcast's processor was a Hitachi SH-4 which = 32-bit split between two 16-bit values but with enhanced floating point capabilities. The SH-5 was the processor's jump to 64-bit but it wasnt in the Dreamcast.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Parokki said:
Even thought I feel the last few years have been an uninterrupted series of horrible blunders for him, his career as a whole has really moved the industry forward. He deserves recognition for his work.

not really he is a brilliant engineer and the Emotion Engine, Graphics Synthesizer, and the CELL definitely shows that.  

What a great video, the man brought gaming to the masses. The best selling Home console the world has ever seen. The PS2 is at 125mil sold or something and shows no signs of dieing.