By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Got a good PC - What games should I buy?

Tagged games:

So, I'm normally a console gamer, but I did have a good PC 10 years ago, and I just build a pretty good PC now. What games should I buy? I have most multiplatform games for consoles, so don't name stuff like FFXIV or Battlefield because I'd rather own them for PS3 (even though my PC is more powerful).

What I am interested in is stuff like SimCity and Starcraft 2. Games which will never appear on consoles and need a mouse to play. I'm going to buy Starcraft 2 today, and I'm holding off on SimCity because it doesn't have a "Classic Mode."

However it's been 10 years, there must be a lot I've missed. Here is what I have

Counter Strike Source - Love it
Fallout 1 & 2 - Love them
Half-Life 2 - Only bought it for CSS, but I do love it
Sim-City - Love it
Warcraft 3 - Love it

What I'm looking to get so far

Civilization V - Waiting for a Steam Sale
Company of Heroes - Considering
Diablo 3 - When it becomes cheaper
SimCity - Thinking about it
Starcraft 2 - Buying in a few minutes

I'm really looking for SimCity like games, or games which are just not possible on consoles. I still might get SimCity despite the flaws.

P.S. I suck at RTS games, so I'm limiting myself to Starcraft II

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Hmm, let's see

Titan Quest or TorchLight if you like Diablo-esque games.

The Witcher 1&2, for WRPGs.

There is CitiesXL which seems to be a good city builder like SimCity.

Just to name a few.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

League of legensd/Dota 2 are free games. They are both amazing and they are a definitive part of the pc experience. If you liked warcraft 3 they are both a must. 

Total war games are amazing i would suggest starting with Rome 1, you can get it for 5 dollars on steam. Or for more while getting an expansion and barbarian invasion. Then you can continue down the total war series with games like empire/napoleon and shogun 2.

And get The Witcher it is cheap, has value and is a very good rpg though it lacks in the combat department. Then you can get witcher 2 later on which was a significant improvement. 

Tropico 3/4 and Cities XL are quite like Simcity, Tropico being simpler, Cities more complex. Both have distinct styles, Tropico has far more personality though. Tropico 4 also has a pretty good map and scenario editor if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Definitely buy the 2 expansions for Civ, it feels incomplete without it.

Anno 2070 http://store.steampowered.com/app/48240

Around the Network

The Total War series is pretty epic, and Europa Universalis is kicking ass as well. I think both can be defined as Grand Strategy games, much like Civilization.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura ($6 on GOG), if you missed it, made by same people who made Fallout 1.

Go for Torchlight 1/2 if you like Diablo, it's much better Diablo than Diablo 3.

The Witcher 2 I have for 360, so I only need 1 for PC.

Got DOTA 2 and League of Legends.

I actually never played Diablo, I just hear it's good and it's from the makers of Warcraft and Starcraft. Should I play 3 first, or 1 & 2 first?

I'll look into Tropico and Cities XL. This could be exactly what I want. I was turned off Tropico because the 360 port is bad apparently, but I'll look into it.

If I like Civ, I'll look into Total War. I don't want to buy more games then I'll play, I want to beat Civ first.

okr said:
Anno 2070 http://store.steampowered.com/app/48240

What exactly is Anno 2070?

HoloDust said:
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura ($6 on GOG), if you missed it, made by same people who made Fallout 1.

Go for Torchlight 1/2 if you like Diablo, it's much better Diablo than Diablo 3.

What's GOG?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
HoloDust said:

What's GOG?

http://www.gog.com/game/arcanum_of_steamworks_and_magick_obscura

Good Old Games, owned by CD Projekt RED, makers of Witcher.

Just get a few games for now and wait for the Christmas Steam sale.  Then you will be able to get everything you want for the price of one game ;)