By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the Vita a "Game Gear 2"?

i don't get why vita isn't getting games this holiday. If it don't get love by now it will never never never get love. I will be forced to buy Killzone even though i'm not interested in it.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:

just like Sony fans are okay with Sony consoles/handhelds having problems as well.

I have no problem complaining about any consoles I own, including those that I favor.  I've recently made a thread about Sony screwing their US PS+ members over, but I also think the new PS Store is an incredibly laggy pos so I try to go on it as little as possible. 

Thanks for admitting your bias though.

The Vita will not fail. Its is simply off to a slow start and I believe that once the holidays hit there will be a substantial increase. It simply has the Wii U problem.....no games, which when corrected will shut up the naysayers (for both systems).

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

snyps said:
i don't get why vita isn't getting games this holiday. If it don't get love by now it will never never never get love. I will be forced to buy Killzone even though i'm not interested in it.

???? mmm it is getting games

Tearaway

Ragnarok Odysseey Ace 

Ys  Memories of Celcata 

Invizimals: The Alliance 

Lego Marvel Superhero 

And im forgetting some more

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

kupomogli said:
MohammadBadir said:

just like Sony fans are okay with Sony consoles/handhelds having problems as well.

I have no problem complaining about any consoles I own, including those that I favor.  I've recently made a thread about Sony screwing their US PS+ members over, but I also think the new PS Store is an incredibly laggy pos so I try to go on it as little as possible. 

Thanks for admitting your bias though.

right, I'm biased even though i critisize Nintendo when they make ass decesions? i guess we're both biased in that case.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
MohammadBadir said:

in my many years in the Nintendo fandom, i have never seen a Nintendo fan use that as a point against the PSP :P

You need to take those goggles off then, because other than being a port machine, the battery life and only having one analog were the next two best reasons to bash on the PSP.  Coincidentally what two problems does the 3DS have?  Nintendo fans are okay with Nintendo portables and consoles having problems though.

Nintendo fans this Nintendo fans that.... why do you keep trying to derail it to talk about Nintendo fans instead of the comparison made in the OP? Obviously there was hypocrisy on both sides, they're fanbases with millions of members of course there is gonna be idiocy.

Ponyless said:

Nintendo fans this Nintendo fans that.... why do you keep trying to derail it to talk about Nintendo fans instead of the comparison made in the OP? Obviously there was hypocrisy on both sides, they're fanbases with millions of members of course there is gonna be idiocy.

You know it was the quote to my first post that derailed the thread, right?   Like the op was even considering this thread to be anything more than flamebait anyways.

of course not, the Game Gear was at least a moderate success in challenging the gameboy. Whilst the Vita...well the Vita is struggling to stay alive and is in no way competitive with the 3DS.

Zekkyou said:
While it's a similar situation, I don't think the Vita is quite that doomed. Once the Vita gets games, the sales will follow.

The main thing i see working in the Vita's favor is it has the potential to live a much longer life than the 3DS, if Sony continue to support it for many years and it gets those damn games. That's of course assuming mobile hasn't destroyed handheld gaming by then ^^;

I think you got that the other way around. Looking at sales the future of the Vita looks quite bleak in contrast to the 3DS.  Besides I have yet to really see a game on the Vita that totally blows the best of 3DS has to offer.

SnakeDrake said:
snyps said:

???? mmm it is getting games

Tearaway

Ragnarok Odysseey Ace 

Ys  Memories of Celcata 

Invizimals: The Alliance 

Lego Marvel Superhero 

And im forgetting some more

i just utubed trailers for all those. Thanks i never heard of them coming. I'll be looking into Ragnarok Odysseey Ace then. The other ones are just not for me.