By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 most overrated games of all time

iamdeath said:
osed125 said:

God of War 1 had a meaningful story. It represented a greek tragedy very well. The downfall of a hero who seeks revenge and realize there no escape from what he did. 

God of War 2 is just a bloodshed with no meaning other than "Kill the GOD!!" and God of War 3 is the same.

Not true in the slightest, and 2 had by far the best Sp campaign, and level design.

This guys can explain it 10x better than me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtgA6SaHHa0

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

I disagree about Sonic Adventure 2, Twilight Princess (especially this), and Brawl.

I can why some might think FF VII is overrated, and Pokemon too (kinda?). But they are amazing games regardless.

FF VII does NOT have a forgettable villain. I'm pretty sure 20 years down the line, you'll still remember him. The cast of characters is awesome, but I guess that is my own opinion. I mean just look at this.

Doesn't this strike as AWESOME to you? (these were made with a 3d printer btw :O)

Also for Pokemon, it's not fair that you refer to the whole series while for all the other ones, they are only single games. Yet your main gripe with Pokemon is that it does nothing new, therefore overrated. But Pokemon R/B/Y did everything new. From then on, every game has been expanded on and brought changes here and there without changing the core of the gameplay.

i would of put
uncharted 2
call of duty 4
final fantasy 10
skyrim
pokemon gen 1 (mainly cause of the idiot fanboys that think everything after gen 1 sucks)

FF7 isn't all that overrated. It's a great game. It's certainly not the best game, or even Final Fantasy, ever, but it's very, very good.

I often think people criticize Elder Scrolls and Zelda:TP because they feel cool doing so. Hipster gamers or something. Or maybe they just don't "get it", so they must be bad games. Either way, people should lay off. These are fine games, if they just aren't your thing, that doesn't make them bad.

And just to be a complete hypocrite, I'm going to state that I think no list of overrated games is complete without include Crono Trigger. 100% nostalgia, there. Not much going for it.

Fayceless said:
FF7 isn't all that overrated. It's a great game. It's certainly not the best game, or even Final Fantasy, ever, but it's very, very good.

I often think people criticize Elder Scrolls and Zelda:TP because they feel cool doing so. Hipster gamers or something. Or maybe they just don't "get it", so they must be bad games. Either way, people should lay off. These are fine games, if they just aren't your thing, that doesn't make them bad.

And just to be a complete hypocrite, I'm going to state that I think no list of overrated games is complete without include Crono Trigger. 100% nostalgia, there. Not much going for it.

really cause i played chrono trigger for the first time in late 2008 and its one of my favorite RPG'S

Around the Network

I really agree with Twilight Princess..

Twilight Princess tried way too hard to be dark and just really came off as silly, which is surprising since they have done it perfectly before (Majora's Mask). The intro was fucking horrendous too, it felt like a 10 hour tutorial where everything was just so boring...i always think of coming back to the game just for the amazing boss fights only to be turned off by that tutorial.

Skyrim because it has bad gameplay. It feels like it was designed for people who can't play games, it's casual as fuck.

grand theft auto 4 is ridiculously overrated

Getting angry over modern videogames. Tsk tsk. How mature. You should work at GameSpot. They could use your scores. XD

The very idea of calling something overrated is ridiculously narcissistic. Basically, overrated means, "people love this game, but I don't, and my opinion>>>>>>>>theirs." It's demonstrative of why the video game community sucks.