By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will be the first Company to exit Console bzness & which will enter

Just wandering as we have seen in the past decade that few companies left the console bzness and few new entered like Sony and Microsoft.. So do u think any one of the current will be leaving the bzness shortly.?

I mean after all MS is going to buy Yahoo and that will put lot of pressure on their balance sheet and they might decide later on that they need to concentrate on their core bzness more and therefore XBOX 360 should be the end of their console bzness experiment...

or may be Sony sees that its rest of the divisions r getting negatively effected so they might decide to close...

and seeing the exit of one of the console maker some other company see it as an oppurtunity and might like to jump in...

I wander wot will happen if google enter in console bzness.. just a wild thought...

Around the Network

Nintendo will leave the business first because Nintendo is a fad.

Hmmm....what could Google accomplish by entering this industry?...they´ve got zero experience in this business....or am I wrong?

I have a strange feeling Apple will try to enter the handheld business. C'mon, Steve Jobs. One of the greatest C.E.O.'s there ever was. He's like the point guard for the company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

none of the companys will be leaveing they are all in the black so there is no reason to leave..... sega was dieing for a while before it left the game.

Around the Network

Lol at the Google one :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Blaze said:
none of the companys will be leaveing they are all in the black so there is no reason to leave..... sega was dieing for a while before it left the game.

MS has 6 billion to go before it can say it's in the black. No one will leave this generation, and both will come out with a new console. So your asking us who we think will leave, and who will enter in 15 years?

No clue. 

Microsoft will be the first to exit, Apple will make a comeback >: )

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Out -> Sony or Microsoft, if they lose nontrivial amounts of money for four quarters in a row.

In -> IBM, perhaps in partnership with a major game studio.

No to: Sega, Apple, NEC, AMD, Intel, Nvidia, the company behind Panasonic and Atari

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I can't really determine which company will go completely out of the hardware business first, I doubt it would be Nintendo considering their profit statements.

However, apple, I can see trying to make the iPhone a portable gaming device, maybe partnering with Nintendo, to let it play GBA games or VC games, if anything.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.