By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 150Mhz CPU boost on XBO, now in production (1.75 GHZ)

ethomaz said:

What I have to do with eSRAM comments? ......

You quoted Penello without writing his name.. my answer was to your quote.....

Around the Network

drkohler said:

You quoted Penello without writing his name.. my answer was to your quote.....

I shared the link to the original post and I was just replying to another quote of what Penello said.

drkohler said:
manny10032 said:
drkohler said:

XBox One doesn't need any new certification. They are certified to 2.4GHz (wii-fi), so as long as they have nothing clocking faster than 2.4GHz, they are ok.

We know from screenshots that PS4 clocks at 1.6GHz for the cpu. This is not likely to change. The 2.75HGz is the forward clocks of the gddr5, the highest frequency that anything emits in a PS4.

So basically the PS4 can go as high as 2.75Ghz?(not that they will)

In theory, yes. The cpu would of course instantly blow up at those speeds. Cooling in the PS4 (I have actually seen it, a picture was up for a few minutes on a south korean website before it went down) would probably already have problems near 2GHz).

Id Sony wants to one-up MS at this stage, they could try to free 7 cpus for games without camera required..... but this is getting sillier every day..

Hopefully this doesn't create another RROD scenario for MS. I really hope this wasn't a desperation move.

manny10032 said:
drkohler said:

In theory, yes. The cpu would of course instantly blow up at those speeds. Cooling in the PS4 (I have actually seen it, a picture was up for a few minutes on a south korean website before it went down) would probably already have problems near 2GHz).

Id Sony wants to one-up MS at this stage, they could try to free 7 cpus for games without camera required..... but this is getting sillier every day..

Hopefully this doesn't create another RROD scenario for MS. I really hope this wasn't a desperation move.

No problems, that cooling thing is  a tractor. It could cool two apus (no longer silently, of course). MS can use any good news they can get, so 9% more of anything is good news. The PS4 still is more powerful on paper, though. But paper doesn't make good games....

Oh this is cool.

Hopefully all this number changing doesn't fry the box.

Around the Network

ethomaz help us out wasnt last gen in the 3ghz range for ps360s CPUs and didnt PS3 have 2.1TFLOPS 1.8 of which was for the RSX compared to PS4s 2TFLOPS 1.84 of which is for the GPU

Play Me

How powerful is this compared to PS4?

ok so I guess this confirms the CPU upgrade... but when did MS confirm any GPU upgrade? I thought that was all rumors.

BHR-3 said:
ethomaz help us out wasnt last gen in the 3ghz range for ps360s CPUs and didnt PS3 have 2.1TFLOPS 1.8 of which was for the RSX compared to PS4s 2TFLOPS 1.84 of which is for the GPU

Last gen GPUs were from 200-240 GFLOPS... RSX more close to 200 e 360's GPU more close to 240.

superchunk said:
ok so I guess this confirms the CPU upgrade... but when did MS confirm any GPU upgrade? I thought that was all rumors.

its referring to the overclock

Play Me