By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Think I got scammed. Need FE GBA Help!

Ok, so i went on amazon and bought both Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem:Sacred Stones from the same seller (located within the US, so I figured i was safe). I recieved them both yesterday and tried out FE. I saved the game and shut off the power. Today when I went to play the save data was gone. After poking around on the internet I've come to the conclusion that both games are bootleg copies.

I'm not worried about getting the money back, since i bought it on a credit card, but before I make a claim, I was hoping someone could tell me what the two cartridges look like (USA version). I'm 99% sure they are bootlegs, since I've found out I should be able to see the words "nintendo copyright <year>" above the pins of the cartridge which I can't. Also, they have a language select right at the start, which doesn't make sense for a US version of the game.

If you have an image of the cartridges or can describe them I would greatly appriciate it.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Front:

Back:

Sorry, not the best quality.  I couldn't get a decent picture of the pins, but it has the Nintendo logo and says "AGB-111-01".  Also, I'd say the language selector is a dead giveaway.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I'll try to remember this thread and upload a few pictures later tonight.

"Fire Emblem" should be a yellow background with red clouds on the top and bottom. In the middle is the words "Fire Emblem" with an axe and sword behind it in an X formation.

With the language option it sounds like it's a European version.

Alternatively, the save battery might be dead. You'd have to open and replace it.

...or they're bootlegs, d'oh!

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Yea... It is definitely a counterfeit. I only bought it online because I figured $20 was a good price for an old game like this, and in Syracuse we only have like 5 EBGames and they never have it.

I'm going to report him as a bootlegger to Amazon as soon as they let me. I may try to call and get things fixed faster, but I see no reason to try and deal with the seller.

EDIT: also, the cartridge is a ligitamate cartridge. I think they ripped the internals out of another game, and put the new label on the front. I'm so sad now. I can still play the game, but I Wouldn't be able to turn the DS off for a month, as i figure thats how long it would take me to beat it.  

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

A lot of boot leg copys will have the same pics as a normal copy, things that are generally different - Colour of plastic casing is sometimes darker and the most common i have found is if you check the screw at the back bootleg ones will have a standard 4wing phillips screw and Nintendo ALWAYS use the Tri Wing screw.

Another thing check the spelling on Nintendo on the cart i have had ones that have had Nintondo carts before.

If it is the EU version it wont have the american age rating logo on it.

Around the Network

^^^ the pic is the same as the boxart, which is why I asked for a legit pic

Aw crepe, my visual memory sucks. The "Fire Emblem" logo doesn't have red clouds, but it should still be yellow with two weapons in an X pattern behind it.

Sad to hear they're bootleg copies. Would've kept you entertained for quite some time.

EDIT: Well at least I remember that catridge logo. Kinda plain, isn't it? 

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Front:

Back:

This one says "c 2002 Nintendo AGB-E11-01". 

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Thanks GooseGaws, I really applicate it.

I'll give a better description of what mine looks like. (both look identical, other than different images, extra stuff like seals are the same)

The cartridge itself looks legit, has all the same markings, and has a try-wing screw. The sides down near the pins looks like it may have been popped apart (which obviously it has)

The image on the front is the same as the boxart, but they added all the additional markings. Also, it has the words "Licensed by" above the nintendo logo, and the official Nintendo Seal, is replaced by a "Official Nintendo Seal Of Quality"

sorry to hear that----i would get the guy to refund your money fast b4 he just disapeers