By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Will the US attack Syria to send a message to Iran?

iran got the message. which is: if the usa can rally support to attack you we will. so you better start doing business with the western banks. Our banks will have a global monopoly on money (a comodity) even if we go bankrupt.

chemical weapons? sounds like george w bush speak.

Around the Network
PDF said:
spurgeonryan said:
Yes. We will send a small contingency force.

Why can't wars ever be somewhere nice? I would hate to rejoin and have to go to some hot toilet once again.

Not to be rude to these countries, but they really are horrible places to live.

On topic. Isn't Obama pushing congress about it right now?

Yeah, I'm very impressed he went to congress.  Most people thought he was going to attack without doing so.  Something he campaigned against doing.     I don't think we will see any boots on the ground.

I'm pretty sure the Constitution requires Congress' approval before going to war. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

If the attack goes forward, it'll be more about sending messages to Russia/China than Iran.

China and Russia are Syrian allies.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

PDF said:
SamuelRSmith said:
If the attack goes forward, it'll be more about sending messages to Russia/China than Iran.

What message are we sending to China and Russia?

This thing is basically a proxy war. Yesterday, Russia restructured Cyprus's debt to give them much more favourable terms. This morning, Cyprus announces that it will not let its sovereign territory be used to launch an attack on Syria.

The message is fairly simple: play ball. Russia has been reasserting itself in the region gradually for some time now, and China is growing in influence across Asia and Africa. It's also fairly clear that China has its eyes on reserve currency status...which is something that I believe the USG would go to war over, to the point of self-destruction.

Around the Network

My opinion on the matter is that it doesn't involve us so why do anything to begin with? Yes its sad that its happening but why help a country that hates us to begin with. We don't have the funds to begin with to be wasting on something like this so let someone else worry about it so we don't have a WW3 against Russia,Iran,Syrian ect....

Point being as a country that's almost 17 trillion dollars in debt we do not need to stick our nose into this,why not let their allies do something? Some will agree some will disagree but remember its just my opinion!

the war with iran and syria was already planned in 2001.
(wesley clark (4star us general)"7 countries in 5 years" youtube

this has nothing to do with sending signs,it is about overthrowing/replacing governments.(they did this with several south american countries in 70ies)

If they(usrael) really wanted to stop irans atomic programm they would already have shot some missiles to destroy the uranium centrifuges in the past 10 years.

I hope not, i would rather America admitted it was their own fault for why Iran hates them. Afterall, it was the CIA who overthrew their democratic government back in 1953. The CIA even admitted this. The 1979 revolution would not of happened if it weren't for that coup which installed the shah. People hate leaders who are puppets, leaders are suppose to be at service of their own country not another's.

But it's like anyone who don't bend over backwards for America and it's TNCs are treated like enemies for no reason. Iran. Cuba. N Korea. Venezuela. Probably lots of other countries too all said no to US interference and yet get attacked for that.

But back on topic i don't want any action on Syria unless it's peaceful. I don't like Assad but fortunately he's better than what Syria would end up with. I don't want to see another country fall to extremist muslims, who make up a decent amount of opposition now.

Also, so what if Iran has nuclear weapons. So do 9 other countries, who cares? Iran is the only counter to Israel in the region.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

The mere existence of a MIC demands it's use. The 'Why' doens't matter that much. Rocket goes and does boom after all.

That's the brutal truth :(.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.