By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X1 Vs PS4: has the battle turned around ?

has the battle turned around ?

No, PS4 still has more traction 547 77.37%

Maybe, things seem different 70 9.90%

Yes, X1 is starting to pull ahead 89 12.59%

Total:706
CGI-Quality said:
Kane1389 said:
Wright said:

B3YOND will be the best-looking videogame on console of the seventh generation. TLOU or GT6 won't be as good. I'll bet with whoever wants to disagree with me.

Could be. But keep in mind, BEYOND is mostly scripted on rails type of game with small enviroments. TLoU is proper action adventure game

1) Beyond is everything but scripted or "on-rails" (don't know what you've been watching). 2) The Last Of Us is a different type of action-adventure game, there aren't "proper" and "non-proper" titles in the genre.

Cmon, CGI-Quality, you know what i meant.Its like comparing Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:

Cmon, CGI-Quality, you know what i meant.Its like comparing Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2

Didn't know Heavy Rain rendered such a huge map.

CGI-Quality said:
Kane1389 said:
the-pi-guy said:
Kane1389 said:

Visual quality of the game is objective

Technical aspects of the game are objective, but thinking that game A looks better than game B is generally subjective.  In fact, I'd argue that technical aspects still make for a subjective argument.  Comparing Skyrim and Uncharted for example, Uncharted is generally considered to look better, but it's linear while Skyrim is not.  So aspects that game A does better technically may be considered more important than aspects game B does better or vice versa.  

skyrim is technically more impressive (massive bugs and glitches aside) than Uncharted, yet Uncharted still looks better (character models, animations, enviorment, light) Its simple as that

Skyrim is an open-world game doing far more than Uncharted. The comparison is moot.

And thats why Skyrim is more impressive on technical side :)

Wright said:
Kane1389 said:

I believe thats a cutscene...

Kane1389 said:
Wright said:
Kane1389 said:

Too bad you're wrong

Around the Network
Wright said:
Kane1389 said:

Too bad you're wrong

the-pi-guy said:
Kane1389 said:

Beyond has no cutscenes.  

CGI-Quality said:
Kane1389 said:

And you'd be wrong (and would still be missing the point).

Now that's what I call support, guys :D

Whatever, i give up, i wont derail the thread any longer. If you (together with other 4 people on the internet) want to believe HR looks better than TLoU, go right ahead

CGI-Quality said:
Wright said:

*quotes*

Now that's what I call support, guys :D

Because that pi-guy, and CGi, are Wright!

I was looking for an appropiate image for this response. Alas, I have not.

Damn you and your puns. xD

CGI-Quality said:
Kane1389 said:
Whatever, i give up, i wont derail the thread any longer. If you (together with other 4 people on the internet) want to believe HR looks better than TLoU, go right ahead

Indeed, since it's merely an opinion, where you've been looking to combine it with technical fact.

Its not an opinnion.

TLOU has better looking character models - FACT

TLOU has better animations - FACT

TLOU has better, more detailed enviorments - FACT

TLOU has much better lighting - FACT

TLOU has much more going on on the screen - FACT

TLOU gives player more freedom movement - FACT

It hasn't turned per say but the blood letting has stopped and M$ looks to be regaining their composure after several glaring missteps prior to and during E3.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.