By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - gamrReview recruiting Xbox One reviewers/writers

Hello Microsoft people,

It seems that most of my writers aren't as jazzed about the Xbox One as I'd like so we're in need of a couple of new writers to take on the Xbox One exclusives in particular.  Currently we only have three writers planning to get the system at launch, so you shouldn't have much trouble getting high profile games to review.  

Our requirements are that you have good English, are a critical writer who doesn't just give everything you kinda like an 8, and that you'll be fairly productive with at least one review each month.

If you're interested please send an example review, written in the style and with the scoring system used in our other reviews (here’s a link to our review methodology - http://www.gamrreview.com/rating-system/) to csnow@vgchartz.com and kjkoebke@vgchartz.com

Thank you for your time,
Karl Koebke

Around the Network

I'm convincing Machina to buy one at launch so ask him :P

Seece said:

He and I are two of the three on our staff buying it at launch, but we'd like one or two more if at all possible.  

Torillian said:
Seece said:

He and I are two of the three on our staff buying it at launch, but we'd like one or two more if at all possible.  

Why dont you all try getting on metacritic?  You all will need to talk to CBS Interactive to do it but you all should focus on that if you can.  People will take it more serious if you all do and you also will get more hits.

JayWood2010 said:
Torillian said:
Seece said:

Why dont you all try getting on metacritic?  You all will need to talk to CBS Interactive to do it but you all should focus on that if you can.  

They have, for years, Marc dislikes VGC and anything associated with it.

Around the Network
Seece said:
JayWood2010 said:
Torillian said:

Why dont you all try getting on metacritic?  You all will need to talk to CBS Interactive to do it but you all should focus on that if you can.  

Awwh, that really sucks.  

JayWood2010 said:
Seece said:

Awwh, that really sucks.  

Yeah we've tried for years.  I continue to work towards it and I'm always keeping my hope alive, but it's definitely not something we could just do whenever we like.  

Torillian said:
JayWood2010 said:
Seece said:

Awwh, that really sucks.  

Yeah we've tried for years.  I continue to work towards it and I'm always keeping my hope alive, but it's definitely not something we could just do whenever we like.  

Understandable. Hopefully that will change.  Though I never understood why VGC has had such a bad reputation with other websites.

JayWood2010 said:
Torillian said:
JayWood2010 said:
Seece said:

Awwh, that really sucks.  

Understandable. Hopefully that will change.  Though I never understood why VGC has had such a bad reputation with other websites.

Really?

Seece said:
JayWood2010 said:

Really?

Well i know the accuracy of the numbers isnt 100% and they are getting worst since digital is becoming more popular but overall it is decent estimates.  The forum members (Even though I have my complaints) overall is much better than lets say IGN, Gamespot, and youtube members.