By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does Nintendo/Smart Devices need to do to take out Sony from the handheld gaming platform

painmaster212 said:
oni-link said:
Xenostar said:
oni-link said:
But why not make more money by porting over their games to iOS, Android, Nintendo or Nvidia systems so that more people can enjoy their games. They would be missing out on fantastic markets of untapped revenue.

Because they would just put all studios on PS4 development, where they will dominate anyway .

That said i hope Vita can turn around sales wise.  It already has alot of great games. 

They would miss out on a WHOLE GENERATION of future gamers that game more on the go than at home!!!  Plus they owe it to their stock holders to expand their IP to as many devices as possible.  Think of Jak/Ratchet/LBP on an iOS, Android, Nvidia Shield or even the 3DS that would be an instant profit!!!

No just no... Nintendo nor Sony should ever put their exclusives on another console because that is what sets the consoles apart and help  consumers decide which system is for them. So dont start the whole making their games for IOS/Android (where the quality would greatly decrease IMO) and stick to their own consoles.

But like Patcher said both is going to lose out on potential future customers because of this.  At least Nintendo had found an audience...Sony has not with their Vita.

Around the Network
oni-link said:
Xenostar said:
oni-link said:
But why not make more money by porting over their games to iOS, Android, Nintendo or Nvidia systems so that more people can enjoy their games. They would be missing out on fantastic markets of untapped revenue.

Because they would just put all studios on PS4 development, where they will dominate anyway .

That said i hope Vita can turn around sales wise.  It already has alot of great games. 

They would miss out on a WHOLE GENERATION of future gamers that game more on the go than at home!!!  Plus they owe it to their stock holders to expand their IP to as many devices as possible.  Think of Jak/Ratchet/LBP on an iOS, Android, Nvidia Shield or even the 3DS that would be an instant profit!!!

The NVidia Sheild !! , LOL why whould they go even more Niche lol. 

They are already putting Sony IP on IOS and Android, so maybe they will anyway, but i think thats more of a marketing thing than serious games. 

The PS4 will stop Sony from going anywhere. I also though mobile gaming hit Nintendo more than Sony when it came to handheld game. i somehow feel 3DS doesn't have the same mass market appeal the DS did.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018