By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A lot of people should stop throwing around the words fanboy and troll.

Riot Of The Blood said:
fkusumot said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
If you guys look carefuly, you will notice that it's always the people who aren't Wii fans that are getting called trolls. Now, I am not accusing the mods of being bias or playing favorites. I do, however, feel that the Nintendo fans are way to sensetive over the slightest criticism, regardless of if it's valid or not. As stated by the mods, it does not matter if a persons post had malicious intent or not. Instead, all it takes is someone to get pissed of over it. Nintendo fans will be upset over the smallest thing, and then they will proceed to report you. Thus, users are being banned and warned simply for voicing an opinion. It should not be this way, because then it will only result in bullshit bans. No justice will be served, which defeats the whole purpose in even having the mods around.

That's an interesting characterization of Nintendo fans. Why are they so easily upset? And on the flip side, why are Sony and Microsoft fans such models of decorum?

I assume they get upset because of their Nintendo-is-perfect beliefs. For Nintendo fans, following Nintendo is like following a religion. When someone else does not share their beliefs, they simply can not handle it. ll you really have to do is not think Mario and Zelda are the greatest, and you're a troll.

Haha, the word that comes to mind is "Whoosh".

Around the Network

Hehehe. Riot, you are reminding me of my brother. The dude constantly feels persecuted. No matter how much you show he's not, or how it's no different for anyone else, no matter how much evidence you have, the guy feels like he's the most persecuted person on the planet.

Ok Riot. I'll give you that you feel far more persecuted than I do. That sucks man.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Legend11 said:
RolStoppable said:

Graphics comparison between Galaxy and Sunshine.

Does Nintendo get too much credit for saving the videogame industry?

Chief editor of Play Magazine says Nintendo is going to abandon the core gamer market.

David Jaffe: "Ratchet & Clank is a better game than Super Mario Galaxy."

Want to know something funny about the Galaxy vs. Sunshine thread? It came along after several Halo 2 vs. Halo 3 graphic comparison threads in which almost nobody saw anything wrong but the moment I posted the same thing about Super Mario Galaxy suddenly many people were angry. Add to that the fact that I was just reporting on a video on Gametrailers.com that was starting to get a lot of attention.

That's the problem. You get mad about someone flaming Halo 3, so your gonna go make an example out of Nintendo. Don't you remember what happened last time someone did that? It got someone else angry.

You should attempt to not make other people angry, or at least accept that they might retort verbally if you do. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

SeriousWB said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
fkusumot said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
If you guys look carefuly, you will notice that it's always the people who aren't Wii fans that are getting called trolls. Now, I am not accusing the mods of being bias or playing favorites. I do, however, feel that the Nintendo fans are way to sensetive over the slightest criticism, regardless of if it's valid or not. As stated by the mods, it does not matter if a persons post had malicious intent or not. Instead, all it takes is someone to get pissed of over it. Nintendo fans will be upset over the smallest thing, and then they will proceed to report you. Thus, users are being banned and warned simply for voicing an opinion. It should not be this way, because then it will only result in bullshit bans. No justice will be served, which defeats the whole purpose in even having the mods around.

That's an interesting characterization of Nintendo fans. Why are they so easily upset? And on the flip side, why are Sony and Microsoft fans such models of decorum?

I assume they get upset because of their Nintendo-is-perfect beliefs. For Nintendo fans, following Nintendo is like following a religion. When someone else does not share their beliefs, they simply can not handle it. ll you really have to do is not think Mario and Zelda are the greatest, and you're a troll.

Haha, the word that comes to mind is "Whoosh".

Sometimes people just don't get a joke.  Other times they choose not to get the joke.

The real joke, however, is on those who make the wrong assumption.

@rolstoppable Check and mate.

Around the Network
Hawk said:
Hehehe. Riot, you are reminding me of my brother. The dude constantly feels persecuted. No matter how much you show he's not, or how it's no different for anyone else, no matter how much evidence you have, the guy feels like he's the most persecuted person on the planet.

Ok Riot. I'll give you that you feel far more persecuted than I do. That sucks man.

I don't know if I feel persecuted. I can write with enough finesse get around it if I choose to. It's not like I'm in a position like Leo-J or Hus where I have a super aggressive posting style. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

naznatips said:
Legend11 said:

You can have dark and cell shaded. There are animated movies and anime that are very dark and that have the look I'm getting at, Disney's The Black Cauldron for example. Naznatips I'm not accusing you of anything but I get the impression that you are biased against non-Nintendo consoles and I feel that it's causing you to be blinded to the possibilities of games on those consoles.

Legend, since you are too afraid to respond to any of my posts, I'll go ahead and give you the final word on this topic:

You my friend are a hypocrit, a troll, a Wii-hater, and a fanboy. Readon.

You edited out the above post right after you made this topic. It is, you yourself, doing exactly what this post condemns. You are attempting to marginalize Naznatips opinions by calling him a Nintendo-fanboy in so many words.

The vast majority of your post include blatant anti-Wii hatespeech in only slightly more dignified manners than your common troll. Often, you'll post flamebait, then never post again. The very definition of a troll, and I can give numerous examples. You even post negative or insulting remarks about other posters, then quickly edit them out. Again, trolling.

Your debate skills are non-existant, because once anyone ever calls you on your bullshit, you just pretend like the topic doesn't exist. Just like this topic. You just go off to create a new troll-like post, while this topic is still ongoing, refusing to answer any points that aren't very easily refuitable.

Yet, you dare to have the gaull to make a topic like this, because your trolling isn't going as well as you'd like, due to the vast majority of people seeing through your bullshit, at long last. Once again:

You my friend are a hypocrit, a troll, a Wii-hater, and a fanboy. Of which system, I could care less.

If you have anything to add? I'm all ears.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@ZenfoldorVGI

Wow you really are tearing another one for Legend. The truth is he has been called out and can not even defend his position. Still i want call him a fanboy, simply it will be hard to take his opinion on anything Nnintendo. You put your self there legend, and i will also put kingofwale in the same catogory, especially after his bullshit wiifit thread. Its nothing to do with the console you love, because thats alright, but its to do with you stupid dislike of another consoel, seriously its pethatic, you guy are seriously insecure.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Legend11 said:
RolStoppable said:

Graphics comparison between Galaxy and Sunshine.

Does Nintendo get too much credit for saving the videogame industry?

Chief editor of Play Magazine says Nintendo is going to abandon the core gamer market.

David Jaffe: "Ratchet & Clank is a better game than Super Mario Galaxy."

Want to know something funny about the Galaxy vs. Sunshine thread? It came along after several Halo 2 vs. Halo 3 graphic comparison threads in which almost nobody saw anything wrong but the moment I posted the same thing about Super Mario Galaxy suddenly many people were angry. Add to that the fact that I was just reporting on a video on Gametrailers.com that was starting to get a lot of attention.

That's the problem. You get mad about someone flaming Halo 3, so your gonna go make an example out of Nintendo. Don't you remember what happened last time someone did that? It got someone else angry.

You should attempt to not make other people angry, or at least accept that they might retort verbally if you do.

Does anyone know which threads exactly Legend11 is referring to?  I want to know because I would like to look at them to verify or disprove my guess that either
(1) He's wrong and just as many people objected to both allegations; or
(2) The Halo 2 vs. Halo 3 thread said "look at these screenshots, Halo 3 isn't really a massive leap forward" while the Sunshine versus Galaxy thread said "look at these screenshots, Galaxy isn't really ANY better than Sunshine". 

In any case Legend11's statement is tantamount to ADMITTING to deliberately trying to stir up a hornet's nest in retaliation for his own hurt feelings or outrage.  But as usual, he's clever enough to stop just short of taking enough rope to actually hang himself. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I wouldn't necessarily call this poster clever.

NO NO, NO NO NO.