By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Another great Project Spark !

"Project Spark" is the name of an internal project. Yes, Project Spark will be released for free. It's being released as a beta for people to use.

Has Microsoft said that the final product will be free? I don't recall ever hearing that. If it won't be, then what's the cost and what about player created content? If it will be, cool, but still what about player created content?

I don't think Microsoft has said anything about the final product, just about Project Spark.

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:
"Project Spark" is the name of an internal project. Yes, Project Spark will be released for free. It's being released as a beta for people to use.

Has Microsoft said that the final product will be free? I don't recall ever hearing that. If it won't be, then what's the cost and what about player created content? If it will be, cool, but still what about player created content?

I don't think Microsoft has said anything about the final product, just about Project Spark.

that's not how I got it. The beta starts in october, then games releases for all platfrom as project spark for free at launch of XB1, that's how I always assumed it to be.

if it is not the case and you have to pay, then it cuts a whole lot of interest to me. I haven't as much time as I once had, I would have loved to toy with the game, and I think a lot of people would have had too but not sure they will bother paying for it beside the fans. I'd be willing to pay like 10-20 bucks and then like 5-10 bucks for each DLC. But still that is not how I got the information.

I might be completely wrong and you are right, just stating how I understood it from the different conferences...
but I hope you're wrong :D

PS: see guys no "....." I'm trying hard lol

Adinnieken said:

Actually from what I have read about it. Project Spark is even the name of the final product now :)
It will be free with all the goodies you see in the videos. But they are going to sell expansions packs (DLC) for few dollars containing other creatures/objects/textures etc...

Imaginedvl said:
Adinnieken said:

Actually from what I have read about it. Project Spark is even the name of the final product now :)
It will be free with all the goodies you see in the videos. But they are going to sell expansions packs (DLC) for few dollars containing other creatures/objects/textures etc...

yeah that's how I got it too

so adin any info on your side ??? I want to lnow which way it is :D