By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Another great Project Spark !

Imaginedvl said:
green_sky said:
Pretty neat. So this is coming to Windows 8 exclusive on pc?

Yep Windows 8, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

and windows phone 8 ??? I'm sure I have seen a video where they were using a lumia 920... am I wrong ??? I thought it was cloud based app... I might be wrong

Around the Network

An amazing game - veeeery intrigued

SvennoJ said:
This will be fun to play around with on my laptop, then let my kids play my creations. My own alpha test team :)
That's a long video... Is there anything in there about creating game logic? I loved making all kinds of complicated contraptions and puzzles in LBP.

Yep you can do that. You can add what they call "brain" to basically anything but the ground :)

The guy is actually creating a min-quest in the video. But you could also create a complex game with a lot of different variables and interactions between objects, etc. They are using an improved version of the Kudo editor (no need to know any programming language for it).

SvennoJ said:
This will be fun to play around with on my laptop, then let my kids play my creations. My own alpha test team :)
That's a long video... Is there anything in there about creating game logic? I loved making all kinds of complicated contraptions and puzzles in LBP.

The previous video, where they create a Tower Defence game they really get into the "Brains".  Everything can have a brain, therefore you can determine how anything in the environment reacts to the player, NPC, or enemies.  So, if you walk through grass, you can have it so the grass animates away from the player as they walk through.  Or maybe you want plants to "positively" react to your character, you can animate the flowers so that as your character approaches they turn towards the player and maybe even make a cooing sound.

I really would like to know what Microsoft has planned for the creations. Will Project Spark be for a fee, and the creations free, or will Project Spark be free and the creations be paid for? If the creations are paid for, then how will that work?

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:
I really would like to know what Microsoft has planned for the creations. Will Project Spark be for a fee, and the creations free, or will Project Spark be free and the creations be paid for? If the creations are paid for, then how will that work?

project spark is free... and I hardly see how hey could askmoney for creation somebody else is making???? only new DLC might not be free

Imaginedvl said:
SvennoJ said:

Yep you can do that. You can add what they call "brain" to basically anything but the ground :)

The guy is actually creating a min-quest in the video. But you could also create a complex game with a lot of different variables and interactions between objects, etc. They are using an improved version of the Kudo editor (no need to know any programming language for it).

Ah so you can pick up objects or move them? Make switches, pressure plates, levers, puzzle doors etc?
I have to be careful not to get sucked in and spend years making my perfect R&C game crossed with Zelda :)

endimion said:
Adinnieken said:

project spark is free... and I hardly see how hey could askmoney for creation somebody else is making???? only new DLC might not be free

Project Spark is an Alpha product, soon to be Beta and it is unlikely the final product name.  Yes, it's free right now.  The question is, when the final product is available, if it is free, then will they make the creations for pay? 

The current iteration on the Xbox 360 is Kodu.  It's available through Xbox LIVE Indie Games but was $5.  As far as I know, there isn't a way to share your games within Xbox LIVE and also play them via your console.  PC, yes.

Looks great. Not sure people will be happy with it being Win 8 exclusive on PC. Reminds me of what they did with Halo 2 back in the day.

Adinnieken said:
endimion said:
Adinnieken said:

Project Spark is an Alpha product, soon to be Beta and it is unlikely the final product name.  Yes, it's free right now.  The question is, when the final product is available, if it is free, then will they make the creations for pay? 

The current iteration on the Xbox 360 is Kodu.  It's available through Xbox LIVE Indie Games but was $5.  As far as I know, there isn't a way to share your games within Xbox LIVE and also play them via your console.  PC, yes.

I don't get your question... they've always said the game will release for free, and the principle of the game is creating solo or cooperatively games you can share with the community.... the only thing that might not be for free so far are the expension packs later on....

but I'm not sure I get your question... sorry  :(

looking at the goodies for the game already and the design of the logo pretty sure Spark will be the name.... but I might be wrong.... but the game is free on all platforms at launch... that's what have been said since day one...