By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console Power means a lot for sales!

"Gamecube(strong) vs PS2(weakest) vs Xbox(strongest) Winner: PS2"

This statement is kinda true, the GC was better in some areas while the PS2 was better in others. The PS2 also had the DVD format which was able to hold alot more then the mini discs that the GC used. Many PS2 games could not have been done on the GC. The PS2 was also perfected, games like FF12 and GoW2, look better then any GC game that i saw in many aspects.

While GC games like star wars Rogue leader, and many other games looked better then most PS2 games.  Its kinda like the 360 Vs PS3 wars going on now.  

Around the Network

Griffin: we're talking about pure horsepower here. You can argue about graphical style, art quality etc all you want (which I agree is ultimately more important), but the Gamecube clearly wins when it's only about horsepower. Nothing on the PS2 compares to stuff like the Resident Evil remake, or Star Fox Adventures. That includes FF12 and GoW2, I've played them both.

This thread needs some BLAAAAAAST PROCESSING!!!

Parokki said:
Griffin: we're talking about pure horsepower here. You can argue about graphical style, art quality etc all you want (which I agree is ultimately more important), but the Gamecube clearly wins when it's only about horsepower. Nothing on the PS2 compares to stuff like the Resident Evil remake, or Star Fox Adventures. That includes FF12 and GoW2, I've played them both.

This thread needs some BLAAAAAAST PROCESSING!!!

Ah ha!  It all makes sense now.  That's what makes kids go coo coo over Coco Puffs.

Awesome video, but I guess that doesn't translate to pure horsepower, I'm still a rather young one so I didn't start learning hardware specs till the end of N64 life cycle, so my mistakes are from wrong info given to me =\

More SEGA for your pleasure GENESIS DOES! GENESIS DOES! WHAT NINTENDON'T!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Well although there are holes, I think that the ultimate thing we should get out of this, is console power has absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of a generation. That is a fact.

Around the Network

Snes was weaker than Neo Geo, yeah you forget that their was a third console, strongest never wins, its a fact

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Snes was weaker than Neo Geo, yeah you forget that their was a third console, strongest never wins, its a fact

You mean the strongest console of a generation has yet to win.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
o_O it's funny everything I've seen said otherwise, which was the reason for Sega purposely wanting a fast game like Sonic to show off what their system can do compared to SNES, and I've heard that from many people, and as far as the FX chip you can take into account basic 3D games on the Sega CD. As far as the N64 argument that's also the first I heard that one, but either way that just proves my point even more that system power has nothing to do with the console that wins, so strike 2 out of 3 and the beginning and add in 3 out of 3, post fixed.

That's what they said.  Nintendo responded however...

"Speed has nothing to do with the power of the system, we could make a game where the main character runs from one end of the screen to the other in less then a second.  But why would we want to?"

The "Speed" thing was more about an illusion of what the Snes couldn't do.   

"Gamecube(strong) vs PS2(weakest) vs Xbox(strongest) Winner: PS2" why is PS2 the weakest? GC was the weakest!

wiiforever said:
"Gamecube(strong) vs PS2(weakest) vs Xbox(strongest) Winner: PS2" why is PS2 the weakest? GC was the weakest!

Let's see how's people knowledge about hardware...

Why was the GC the weakest?