By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How come no one is talking about the biggest Sony news from Gamescon?

http://youtu.be/NCkC6NGkS0Y?t=1h17m5s

The fact that they are providing European Countries a 200 MB/S internet connection when their network is connected with a PS4? 

Better yet, that internet connection is shared ONLY between PS4's, so there is nothing bog down the lines.  O.o

Thats HUUUGE!  That basically means European PS4 gamers will have little to no lag when gaming online...thats huge.

The avergage European Internet Speed is about 5MB/S...

The Average Internet Speed in the USA is 15-20 MB/S...

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

Well I don't live in Europe so that's why I haven't been talking about this.

By your own admission - Bottleneck!

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Well I don't live in Europe so that's why I haven't been talking about this.

I think it can be assumed that the USA will get a similar deal in the future as Sony is able to lock down deals with our Internet Providers...Like google since Sony and Google have a really potent relationship. 

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

BasilZero said:

If such a thing happens, I'm guessing Gaikai will be a great experience or no?

Undoubtably, would be quite nice.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

If such a thing happens, I'm guessing Gaikai will be a great experience or no?

That would finally making a streaming service like Gaikai a viable option for gamers. I really hope they work out a similar deal in the US before Gaikai launches next year. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I don't understand what you're saying; Are you trying to tell me that even though I'm paying for a 3mb/s connection, if I connect a PS4, it'll magically turn into a 200mb/s one?

DietSoap said:
I don't understand what you're saying; Are you trying to tell me that even though I'm paying for a 3mb/s connection, if I connect a PS4, it'll magically turn into a 200mb/s one?

Well they havent elaborated on it to much yet so it's hard to say.  Most broadband lines have the capability to pump that much data along so that wouldnt be an issue...The only thing I dont really know is how to unlock the feature...

If i had to guess, it's a PS+ Bonus or something like that.

Europe gets Sony working with internet providers for a 200mb/s download speed. I get news that my ISP has introduced a 250GB cap per month with $10 extra every 50GB I go over.

Can't imagine how this should work. I live in an area where I am lucky to have a downstream of 600 kb/s, and even if I wanted more, providers tell me that it isn't possible because of the infrastructure. I can't even get DSL via TV Cable if I wanted to, so I don't see how Sony can make this possible if the infrastructure does not support that internet speed. So, this isn't exactly big news to me.
Might be interesting for people living in cities though, but even then, I just can't see it.

Would be a pleasant surprise, I guess.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!