By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Poll to Vita owners: do you buy digital or physical games?

Tagged games:

Buying physical or digital games on PS Vita?

100% digital. 37 19.58%

75% digital, 25% physical. 40 21.16%

50% each format. 23 12.17%

25% digital, 75% physical. 23 12.17%

100% physical. 43 22.75%

I'm buying a PS Vita soo... 23 12.17%

Total:189

What topic asks.

Do you buy your PS Vita games in digital (PS Store) or physical format (cards)?

I personally own 0 physical game copies for PS Vita. All my games are digital mostly due to price being cheaper, PS Plus discounts and overall rarity of gaming stores where I am geographically.

I'm curious if most people are buying physical or digital on Vita.

Around the Network

I don't own a Vita yet, but when I get it I will buy all my games physically, because I just prefer physical over digital and because the memory cards are still expensive, despite the price drop.

Mostly Digital, i do own some games who's box art i really like (Such as Persona 4). But like you said in the OP, all the free games/discounts i get from PS+ is making me go almost all digital.

I buy them physically because I like to collect the carts.

I voted 50% but that's probably temporary. Going forward, I have no doubt it's going to shift more and more toward digital. Too many sales and discounts, plus a lot of the best games are digital only. Really, PS+ is awesome just for the discounts alone.

Around the Network

Mostly physical. I'd buy more digital if the memory cards were cheap though. Plenty of sales on PSN, but no space and I don't want to delete my data and prefer to reserve my cloud storage for PS3 games. And ... I generally prefer my main collection to be physical. I'd only buy the games I am less than interested in on PSN. Indie games like Guacamelee and Velocity are purchased on PSN, of course.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Ponyless said:
Mostly Digital, i do own some games who's box art i really like (Such as Persona 4). But like you said in the OP, all the free games/discounts i get from PS+ is making me go almost all digital.

Ponyless, your signature gifs are win  =l

It depends on how much I'll play that game for example uncharted, it's an 8-10 hour game ill buy it physical because ill only play it for 10 hours and not touch it for ages but a game like persona 4 ill download because its a 50+ hour RPG and would want that on my vita at all times.

100% digital. Memory cards are cheap! Plus the games are good, why sell 'em? I expect ps4 will be compatible with vita downloads.

The memory cards are a big issue here, because a digital game is obviously bigger (in terms of space used) than a physical one.
I still buy more digital games due to the price, but considering that I only own 5 games for my vita it doesn't really represent anything