By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What sells more, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD or Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII?

What sells more across all platforms, FFX/X-2 HD or Lightning Returns

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD 323 72.91%

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII 67 15.12%

What's a Final Fantasy?? 7 1.58%

See Results 46 10.38%

Total:443

I expect X/X-2 to sell more units even though LR will be critically received as the better game. They'll both sell at least a million, probably a fair bit more, but LR has more to prove and fewer people paying attention.

LR is just in a bad way coming to market. XIII-2 had too good an ending because it tied up all of its own threads, so I expect fewer people will buy LR than XIII-2 by something like a quarter, and that'll be enough for the remake to take the cake.

Around the Network

@ktay95, i dont want a ff12 hd version, its my most hated ff game ever. i would like the ps2 star ocean game in hd though, i like that series . square-enix has said in the past that they need powerful hardware to create the towns and such in the way they need for ff7 and ff8 so the ps4/xbox one are the best choices.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Lighting Returns will win, I don't really think the FFX fan base is that large that it would beat out a new Final Fantasy game even in a sub series as polarizing as FFXIII has become.