By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More than 1 million PS4 pre-orders worldwide!

1 million to consumers or retailers? Thats let say 300k for NA and 350k for Eu and 350k for rest of world?

Around the Network

i think hes talking that some get it the 15th, others the 29th. so its a bit of a staggered launch

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Dark_Feanor said:
Well, 1mi is not so much. I really expected more.

And that shows how the 4:1 ratio is ridiculous. 250K is to few.

PS: Xone 13 countrys day One, PS4 2 (or 3?) day one. Where is your god now?

Mmmmm, you should do some research and figure out how many units other systems launched. 1 million preorders, 3 months prior launch is nuts. if X1 has 250k they're on par with x360 launch. 

Not every unit sold will be a preorder sale....

Dark_Feanor said:
ethomaz said:

GAFers are saying that put Xbone preorders close to 250K.

They used the preorders ratios leaked by insiders (4:1 in NA, 4:1 in UK, 8:1 in Continental EU).

HAHAHA, you are delusional. You just scarred your stupidness on the internet for life. You shall never be trusted again. In order for the council to accept you again as a normal internetsurfer you must apoligise publicly and place a PS4 pre-order. Because only then you shall be forgiven for you ignorrant post.

User was warned for this post - Kantor

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Dark_Feanor said:
ethomaz said:

GAFers are saying that put Xbone preorders close to 250K.

They used the preorders ratios leaked by insiders (4:1 in NA, 4:1 in UK, 8:1 in Continental EU).

What? PS4 will launch in 32 countries not 13...

Around the Network

Based on all pre-orders listed, the totals are 611k for PS4 vs 178k for X1 (3.4-to-1).

Since the VGChartz pre-orders list only shows the first 40, if I only include the top 2 for each platform (since there are only 2 listed for X1), the totals are 291k vs 178k (1.6-to-1).

If I only include the top 1 for each platform, the totals are 152k vs 114k (1.3-to-1).

If I only look at COD:Ghosts and Battlefield 4, the totals are 264k vs 178k (1.5-to-1). This is a stark contrast to the current gen, where the totals are 588k vs 305k (1.9-to-1) in favour of the 360.

This only includes USA, but it is not as bad as 4-to-1 as some people may be estimating.

Based on these numbers, I would guess that worldwide the hardware pre-orders are 2-to-1 in favour of PS4.

Considering PS2 got a 980k start from Japan 'm expecting a 1.2 million start from PS4 in that region..

Xbox one 250k... COD Ghost already have 115k pre-orders only USA, that ratio can't be true

leyendax69 said:
Xbox one 250k... COD Ghost already have 115k pre-orders only USA, that ratio can't be true

Is that using VGC preorder numbers?  If so, I would take them with a huge grain of salt.  They've proven to not be so accurate in the past.

wow that is amazing. We could be witnessing the best launch ever