By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anyone else pick up Culdcept Saga?

Hmm, I might finally import my first game if I end up really liking Culdcept saga. That seems like one of those games where you don't need to Japanese to play it since the story is beyond worthless.

Around the Network

For anyone who has bought the game you can play the developers of the game this month:

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/02/07/namco-invites-you-to-pwn-them-at-culdcept-saga/

NAMCO invites you to pwn them at Culdcept SAGA
Posted Feb 7th 2008 3:00PM by Dustin Burg

"Continuing to bridge the gap between gamers and those who create the games they play, the NAMCO dev team who is responsible for Culdcept SAGA invites you to some Xbox Live Game With Developers funnery. If you're up to it, log onto Xbox Live February 15th from 9:00PM - midnight eastern, shoot a friend request to one of the developers and be prepared to bring the pain. Cards will fly, hearts will be broken and someone will break down in tears ... Culdcept SAGA is not for the faint of heart."

twesterm said:
Hmm, I might finally import my first game if I end up really liking Culdcept saga. That seems like one of those games where you don't need to Japanese to play it since the story is beyond worthless.

Here is the game that should be your first import:

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=4170 

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I got it last night along with DMC4.  *sigh* with all the anti-Xbox keep saying there are no games for 360 in 2008, I already bought three games this year and we are only barely 2nd month of 2008.  And we are getting LO next week.

I really enjoy it a lot but I agree computer seems to get that perfect "roll", and I also get the perfect "roll" also but the opposite.  One game I was so far ahead and computer Ceptor only have 2 spot, it spend all the gold to upgrade one spot and what do you know I landed on there and pretty much too old my magic points and won.

Aside from the big "luck" factor it is a very fun came.  I like the artworks etc but I have always been CCG fans (I used to play a lot of MagicTCG, LOTR-TCG and SWCCG).

It is wellworth the 39.99 too bad it came out at the same time DMC4 / Lost Odyssey.

Sometimes I wish Xbox360 is more like PS3, get one games every two months.  (Not!)

-MysticD

Well I finally sat down and played the Culdcept Saga and it is every bit as amazing as the last one. While the computer will inevitably cheat its ass off to try and win there are many cards which will force the computer to stop cheating. Amongst the best are the "Holy Word X" cards which force the target to move X spaces and creatures like Kelpie and Old Willow. Those two creatures have the "Quick Sand" effect (if Quick Sand actually made it back) which forces your opponents to stop on your land. The computer seems incapable of accounting for this and will stop on your land every turn. I don't know for sure that Old Willow returned, but I do know that Kelpie did due to the most amazing stroke of luck allowed me to get it after just the first match.

twesterm said

The story is well beyond worthless but you will want to understand the language the cards are written in. New cards are added and old cards new artwork and new abilities sometimes. Not being able to understand the effects of a card will be a crippling disadvantage that will make it nearly impossible to win games. The PS2 version had horrible translation issues which made it nearly impossible to determine if a given card was great or trash.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229