By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CBOAT is a dirty liar!: PS4 late October, One SDK not ready yet (hence delay), Platinum Games making exclusive for One?

ethomaz said:

Nsanity said:

We've known this for days..

No streaming yeah but I think a closed press conference was planned but now just a showcase.

Would that be different from a showcase? It just sounds like Geoff is late to the party.

Around the Network
Figgycal said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:

And CBOAT stuffs start to get confirmed.

Geoff said there is a showcase but no press conference... so no streaming.

For over weeks even. The "Some news will break overnight" could just mean that news of games and features will be released to the public overnight.

Umm they had a press conference planned. It was going to be an hour long. Today, the cancellation gets keighlied. A showcase is a section where you can come up and play their games. A showcase is just a large convention booth. A press conference is media and a presentation. There is a big difference.

Figgycal said:

Would that be different from a showcase? It just sounds like Geoff is late to the party.

The difference was that before they expected MS do have a closed door press conference with a host tralking about the MS plans and news related Xbone.

Now they will have only a showcase... watch videos/gameplay, play games,  etc... no talk, no answers, no plans, no news.

Edit - @theprof00 beat me

theprof00 said:
Figgycal said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:

For over weeks even. The "Some news will break overnight" could just mean that news of games and features will be released to the public overnight.

Umm they had a press conference planned. It was going to be an hour long. Today, the cancellation gets keighlied. A showcase is a section where you can come up and play their games. A showcase is just a large convention booth. A press conference is media and a presentation. There is a big difference.

I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

theprof00 said:
Figgycal said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:

I'm late to the party XD so from what i understand: Sony's having a PS4 confrence, MS is just showing some games but they aren't having a press confrence, am i correct? also, is Nintendo doing anything or...

Around the Network
cheesecake said:

I'm late to the party XD so from what i understand: Sony's having a PS4 confrence, MS is just showing some games but they aren't having a press confrence, am i correct? also, is Nintendo doing anything or...

I'm pretty sure it's a Sony and EA show at this point as far as conferences go. Other compamies including Nintendo and apparently Microsoft is doing showfloor stuff.

The cancelation of the conference at the last minute, it's because they are affraid of the reaction of the press beacause the console is just not ready. I don't think there is other explanation....

colafitte said:
The cancelation of the conference at the last minute, it's because they are affraid of the reaction of the press beacause the console is just not ready. I don't think there is other explanation....

MS ninjas are tracking CBOAT right now

colafitte said:

I trust in CBOAT implicitly, but Microsoft will have 100 working Xbox One's at Gamescom. IDK what the issue in having a conference would be if that's the case unless they're weren't prepared or forgot to write a speech or something. It seems like a bad move on their part considering how important Europe is.

Figgycal said:
colafitte said:

I trust in CBOAT implicitly, but Microsoft will have 100 working Xbox One's at Gamescom. IDK what the issue in having a conference would be if that's the case unless they're weren't prepared or forgot to write a speech or something. It seems like a bad move on their part considering how important Europe is.

Maybe that can be a good choice for MS because what the PR team did until now is messed up everything related to Xbone... so less talk and more show... they are really loosing in PR front with vagues, misinformation and poorly prepared to deal with external questions.