By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Despite all the X1 Improvements, geographical bias will be its biggest problem.

COD Ghosts won't have dedi servers because according to them gamers don't like dedi servers...

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network
papamudd said:
COD Ghosts won't have dedi servers because according to them gamers don't like dedi servers...

Did they actually say that about the X1 version? :o

Goatseye said:
psrock said:
I agree, although more expensive, less powerful, American bias will still buy it like crazy. Shameful really.

You are not American are you?

I am, I just prefer Japanese bias. It's just cheaper really. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

If it's a cultural bias, then what can you really do about it? Just look at the states: there are still some states where the majority of the population is against inter-racial marriage. There is no reason for it - just held over racism in my opinion. Sometimes it takes a while for a culture to evolve.

If it's a support issue, then that can be fixed. Xbox went out of it's way to make sure Japan was included in the Kinect launch. But perhaps they haven't done enough?

Would really need an open minded person from japan to know if that applies.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

This article that I found on New York Times cleared me out a little bit more on what I thought about Japanese people in terms of their relationship with foreigners.
Hope the new generation change my perception.

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
If it's a cultural bias, then what can you really do about it? Just look at the states: there are still some states where the majority of the population is against inter-racial marriage. There is no reason for it - just held over racism in my opinion. Sometimes it takes a while for a culture to evolve.

If it's a support issue, then that can be fixed. Xbox went out of it's way to make sure Japan was included in the Kinect launch. But perhaps they haven't done enough?

Would really need an open minded person from japan to know if that applies.

It's clear that with the 360, MS went above and beyond to gain some traction in Japan and yet it totally failed to get rolling there. Whereas japanese consoles are selling in their millions in the US. Where is the cultural bias?

2008-09 MS pumped bunch of JRPGs(most of big 3) of excellent qualities but they gave them the cold shoulder.

The bias actually seems to be in NA. This week, the PS3 and 3DS outsold the 360 in Europe, Japan and in the rest of the world. However, in NA the 360 outsold them both and makes up more than half the sales. No other console had more than half the sales come from one region (except the DS in NA).

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

I'm rooting for Samsung's console.

Osc89 said:

The bias actually seems to be in NA. This week, the PS3 and 3DS outsold the 360 in Europe, Japan and in the rest of the world. However, in NA the 360 outsold them both and makes up more than half the sales. No other console had more than half the sales come from one region (except the DS in NA).

When did xbox as a whole outsold a Japanese console in Japan? Or what month in Europe outside UK?

When did Xbox win a generation in sales outside US and UK?

Europe have places where video game means Play Station, no kidding.