By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Despite all the X1 Improvements, geographical bias will be its biggest problem.

Goatseye said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
RolStoppable said:

Can we stop focusing so much on Japan and instead evaluate why mainland Europe isn't fond of Xbox either?

We're too nationalistic. Since I'm Spanish and, as you may know, the Xbox has been decimated by the Wii and PS3 in Spain, it must mean we hate Americans. Or Koreans, I'm not sure.

You don't fall in love with US like the rest of Europe either...

Yawn.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
oniyide said:
sales2099 said:
oniyide said:
MS did try to get Japan on board with those JRPG timed exclusives but to be fair they were a)timed freaking exclusives, if you were Japanese and had no interest in getting 360 and you knew those games were going to come eventually with bonus content, wouldnt you just wait for it to come on the system you already have/want? I would and b) those games werent even that great to begin with, nothing to go gaga over.

To be fair most of those games didn't have the PS3 version announced until after the game settled on the 360 for a period of time. A lot of marketing from 06-10 period. And 360 had amazing Japan exclusive XBLA games from indie devs in the country, notable ones were Cave shooters.

Point being, 360 deserved better for the effort they put in. Not saying it should have truly taken off, but it deserved more sales.

Doesnt deserve anything, the market determines what it deserves.

Interesting comment. You never thought that the PS3 deserved more NA sales?

nope, cause they messed up, you mess up you pay for it, its really that simple. Ninty messed up they paid, SOny messed up they paid. MS just messed up they were paying but fixed themselves. Thats how it works and how it should work, and even if you dont mess up their might be a competitor out their that not only isnt messing up but doing what youre doing better. My preference for Sony doesnt mean i think they deserve anything, im not that kind of fan.

Goatseye said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

Whatever happened to the other points, you're just changing the subject.

I don't deny it, incidents like these occur in every country. Much more so in, say, France. You chose a very poor example and I could find a million similar articles from other countries. Using certain word 25,000 times online is not saying much.

Most young girls have been to Korea, believe me. (BTW, the hatred from Koreans toward the Japanese is also exaggerated, but that's another story. The governments are the ones interested in annoying each other, common poeple don't give a fuck).

And 39% is a small percentage comparatively.

It really is as simple as this:

Japanese people like Japanese games, Xbox didn't have enough. Sure, they also have more exposure to Sony than MS so that will influence decisions, but the similar cases apply to other countries and it's not nationalism.

Korean hatred to Japanese is exxagerated? And Chinese,Phillipino and Guam hatred also right?

39% is not a small percentage. And internal tourism in US is stronger than anywhere else in the world.

I don't deny it, incidents like these occur in every country. Much more so in, say, France. You chose a very poor example and I could find a million similar articles from other countries. Using certain word 25,000 times online is not saying much.

I could find much more for you and their relationship with neighboring countries.

Internal tourism =/= seeing other cultures...

You changed the subject before and you're honestly boring me with a silly article war.

Not interested in your articles, you won't prove anything other than the fact you're generalizing, and I'm not gonna bother look for similar articles describing American or European "nationalism" (of which there are plenty) to counter yours.

I have good grasp of how this country works, thanks.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

the2real4mafol said:

I think price is the bigger problem for X1. If PS3's higher price point pushed many PS2 gamers to Xbox 360, i can see many going from Xbox 360 to PS4 just because of the fact it is cheaper.

Also, give up with Japan- Xbox will never do well there. As for Europe, i guess people stick with what they know as Playstation has always done well here.

Also, hears what Japanese gamers though about Xbox One (this was back in May though) ~http://kotaku.com/heres-what-people-in-japan-think-of-xbox-one-509246328

they were thinking pretty much the same thing most of us were thinking over here. So it wasnt even a nation thing, at least with Xbone

"I wonder how Americans are gaming at home. Whenever I'm playing a game, I never feel like I want to watch TV, so the ability to switch between the two makes no sense to me." 

The above was my fav one and exactly what i first thought.

I've been in Japan.

Tokyo is in many ways really western.
Fashion-wise it certainly is.
Really nicely dressed women in Tokyo, better dressed than in almost any city i've been in the world.
It reminded me of Milan.

There are a lot of British and Irish style pubs in Tokyo, run by Japanese.
And many not-Japanese cars.

And its true, it's really the gaming heaven you think it is.
It's even better than I thought.
(There are stores over there that sell game like snes rpgs like chrono triggers, final fantasies, dragon quests and others all complete and in mint! condition for a couple euro's.... A COUPLE euro's.
You can buy Xenogears complete and mint for 5 euro, Brave Fencer Mushashi for 1 euro, FFTactics for 1 euro, all complete and mint and over there that is with stickers and cards and stuff like that, original soundracks mint for no money.
It's really unbelievable.)

Anyway,
I wanted to say that, they are not so closed and japancentric as some here say.
Also a lot of not japanese music everywhere.

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
papamudd said:
COD Ghosts won't have dedi servers because according to them gamers don't like dedi servers...

Did they actually say that about the X1 version? :o

All versions will get essentially the same treatment. I wonder if people are going to use the lie that Sony has dedicated servers just because people are paying for the multiplayer now like they did for Xbox Live? That would be sad. 

Ajax said:

I've been in Japan.

Tokyo is in many ways really western.
Fashion-wise it certainly is.
Really nicely dressed women in Tokyo, better dressed than in almost any city i've been in the world.
It reminded me of Milan.

There are a lot of British and Irish style pubs in Tokyo, run by Japanese.
And many not-Japanese cars.

And its true, it's really the gaming heaven you think it is.
It's even better than I thought.
(There are stores over there that sell game like snes rpgs like chrono triggers, final fantasies, dragon quests and others all complete and in mint! condition for a couple euro's.... A COUPLE euro's.
You can buy Xenogears complete and mint for 5 euro, Brave Fencer Mushashi for 1 euro, FFTactics for 1 euro, all complete and mint and over there that is with stickers and cards and stuff like that, original soundracks mint for no money.
It's really unbelievable.)

Anyway,
I wanted to say that, they are not so closed and japancentric as some here say.
Also a lot of not japanese music everywhere.

And your reasoning as to why the Xbox doesn't do as well in Japan? I know the answer to this.

Anyone who indents their paragraphs on a gaming forum is not to be trusted.

Funny how OP and somebody else earlier only answered the posts that are convenient to them and avoided the ones that would give their hypocrisy away.

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

RolStoppable said:
So, in conclusion, what we've learned in this thread is that geographical bias will be the X1's biggest trump card. The world doesn't really like Xbox, but the USA certainly do.

Any objections, sales2099?

None really, as it just confirms what we are all thinking, and my theory that the US can't compensate for the PS centric countries.

O well, guess us North Americans and UK posters should take solice in that our native nations are Xbox turf, and poke fun at PS posters who claim global superiority but actually themselves live in a Xbox dominated territory :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.