By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could the sackboys of LBP into a big success?

Excuse the title.  I changed it in the middle of making the thread, and apparently didn't finish my thought. 

Anywho, I'd buy one. ^^

From MediaMolecule.com:

We’re all totally in love with our little Sackboy character, we’ve spent a couple years watching him run, jump and slap his way though dozens of levels, and the little chap has so much personality we could almost believe he’s real.

So our collective jaws hit the floor when we saw what one of our artists MOTHERS had made, Silvia’s actually made Sackboy, for real, in all his knitted and stitched glory! It’s so good we wondered if we’d hired the right member of the family to work here! (Not really, her son is making artwork for the game that will blow you away) but we can certainly see where he gets his talent from..

So adorable. It makes me want to hug him so tightly that his zip bursts and his button eyes pop out. But I won’t.

And here he is in the Chinese dragon costume:

Just in time to wish everyone a Happy Chinese New Year!

Anyone else got anything to show?!

Around the Network

that is cute.

Id definately buy one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

wow thats pretty cool....but i wouldnt buy 1 unless i could buy the 1 i make

I think that would be an awesome idea for Sony to undertake. Sell them as stuffed animals to build up hype among the casual crowd. Maybe even offer them with the first 100,000 orders of the game or something. A pre-order special.

Sony *knocks on monitor screen* are you listening???

xstonexcold316x said:

Build-a-bear?

it would be cool if sony incorporated it in the game.
we can order our sackboys after we costumize it in the game from an online store.
though i think it would be pretty expensive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
xstonexcold316x said:

Build-a-bear?

it would be cool if sony incorporated it in the game.
we can order our sackboys after we costumize it in the game from an online store.

Now that would be awesome.

And it would also be cool if they offered some sackboys for people who pre-order, etc. like Dolla Dolla said.

iclim4 said:
xstonexcold316x said:

Build-a-bear?

it would be cool if sony incorporated it in the game.
we can order our sackboys after we costumize it in the game from an online store.

$25 would be the max they would cost.  Awesome idea though.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

makingmusic476 said:
iclim4 said:
xstonexcold316x said:

Build-a-bear?

we can order our sackboys after we costumize it in the game from an online store.

And it would also be cool if they offered some sackboys for people who pre-order, etc. like Dolla Dolla said.

im loving the Dragon one, so adorable with his mouth open .
yeah it would also be cool if they offered it as a preorder bonus,
though i would really want to customize one myself.

iclim4 said:
makingmusic476 said:
iclim4 said:
xstonexcold316x said:

Build-a-bear?

im loving the Dragon one, so adorable with his mouth open .
yeah it would also be cool if they offered it as a preorder bonus,
though i would really want to customize one myself.

How about both? You get one like those above when you pre-order, and you can customize your own via an online store like DD said.

This reminds me, I want to buy a weighted companion cube one of these days. 

i'd buy one for sure