By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One's fast change of policies.

riderz13371 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Oh I'm sure it was changed the week of and from all the backlash MS got.

What the fuck are you saying? You say they changed their policies a week before E3 and then because of all the backlash Microsoft got at E3? Which one is it? It can't be both, because they already had their policies set the day of E3 so they couldn't have seen the backlash Microsoft received.

MS was getting backlash before E3 at the XBox one Reveal.  Calm down, holy sh-t dude. It could have been changed weeks back but it was changed because of the backlash. Just because you love sony doesn't mean they didn't do this.

Around the Network
Gehirnkrampf said:
crissindahouse said:
i find it funny that now almost everybody in gaming forums is like "they changed it so fast which means they could also go back to the bad drm stuff very fast".

if sony would react to a backlash (if because of bad pre-orders, many complaints on the internet or whatever) most people would be "woah they listened so fast to us, sony is so awesome to us"

and MS fans would do the same what PS fans do now.

and someone else would have written your comment.

No your are wrong, Sony fans are very vocal and use confirmation biasism all the time. Sony would have been forgiven a day after. Sony can do no wrong, even when they are doing wrong.  The internet is full of Sony fans or are way more vocal, this is no secret.

DJEVOLVE said:
riderz13371 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

What the fuck are you saying? You say they changed their policies a week before E3 and then because of all the backlash Microsoft got at E3? Which one is it? It can't be both, because they already had their policies set the day of E3 so they couldn't have seen the backlash Microsoft received.

MS was getting backlash before E3 at the XBox one Reveal.  Calm down, holy sh-t dude. It could have been changed weeks back but it was changed because of the backlash. Just because you love sony doesn't mean they didn't do this.

How you still believe that a company can change their policies in such a short time boggles my mind. I just...I don't understand. 

We also got rumors that sony was going this route and changed position last minute, not sure if there is any proof to this but I'm sure they most likely did. This was not MS or SONY wanting this so bad, this was third parties like, EA, ACTIVISION and all the other big players. It has been really hard for them to make great games while taking a chance and making a profit.  I also don't like playing the same games over and over. It's like the top 40 on the radio, sure thats what most people are listening to but not me.

@bolded - they were not, since when do we take your certainty about a subject you literally have nothing to do with as confirmation? sony them selfs stated time and time again they were not going to do it, now thats confirmation.

@underlined - NO its was MICROSOFTS IDEA. EA, Activision and rockstar did not want used games to be blocked

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/ea-denies-asking-microsoft-for-used-games-drm/

http://www.examiner.com/article/gta-5-publisher-comments-on-the-xbox-one-and-used-games

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102628-Activision-Joins-the-Anti-Used-Games-Crusade

@italic - that makes no sense what so ever

the-pi-guy said:
Why can't we just all accept that in the current state of things both consoles are going to be amazing. Competition is important. You guys can't just have one console maker or else they'll forget to listen. You need to have them both. They are both going to strive to make the best console ever now. I mean seriously if MS had the only system, I doubt they would try so hard to make a big impression with the launch line up. Same with Sony. We wouldn't be seeing all these games if it weren't for that competition.

This is very true.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

We also got rumors that sony was going this route and changed position last minute, not sure if there is any proof to this but I'm sure they most likely did. This was not MS or SONY wanting this so bad, this was third parties like, EA, ACTIVISION and all the other big players. It has been really hard for them to make great games while taking a chance and making a profit.  I also don't like playing the same games over and over. It's like the top 40 on the radio, sure thats what most people are listening to but not me.

@bolded - they were not, since when do we take your certainty about a subject you literally have nothing to do with as confirmation? sony them selfs stated time and time again they were not going to do it, now thats confirmation.

@underlined - NO its was MICROSOFTS IDEA. EA, Activision and rockstar did not want used games to be blocked

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/ea-denies-asking-microsoft-for-used-games-drm/

http://www.examiner.com/article/gta-5-publisher-comments-on-the-xbox-one-and-used-games

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102628-Activision-Joins-the-Anti-Used-Games-Crusade

@italic - that makes no sense what so ever

Why else would they do it. It's the only logical answer. 3rd party has lost their ass to gamestop.............

DJEVOLVE said:
riderz13371 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

But sony never did this. they never intended on doing this. the rumors you refer to are from people like you who were trying to read between the lines when there was nothing there. it was based off speculation unlike the xbox rumors. Get over it. MS tried to screw everyone while Sony wasnt going to. Accept that fact that your manufacturer of choice was about to shit on everyone

This Thread proves how vocal SONY fans are. You have no reason to be in hear or to make rude comments because it's not your console of choice but yet it happens non-stop.

Max King of the Wild said:
DJEVOLVE said:

But sony never did this. they never intended on doing this. the rumors you refer to are from people like you who were trying to read between the lines when there was nothing there. it was based off speculation unlike the xbox rumors. Get over it. MS tried to screw everyone while Sony wasnt going to. Accept that fact that your manufacturer of choice was about to shit on everyone

I said it was  fucking rumor. God damn you guys get real butt hurt real quick. I will buy Xbox one just not to deal with sony fans. MY GOD you guy are sensitive.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

DJEVOLVE said:
This Thread proves how vocal SONY fans are. You have no reason to be in hear or to make rude comments because it's not your console of choice but yet it happens non-stop.

The irony. Can you HEAR it.

lmfao!