By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Now before you all jump me and say PS Plus is great, do you think the general consumer will accept it(Paid Online)?

Will it have much of an effect on sales?

I feel like this is one of those variables you need to take into account, I mean sure it could mean nothing but can't say for certain.

Around the Network
Seece said:

My prediction is Europe will be 50% less than US given that's how it's trended lately and it's by far Nintendos weakest region, but the holidays will put it above Japan ...

Japan ... wildcard, anywhere from 500k - 800k.

Anywhere from 2.5m - 4.5m which would be roughly 6.5m - 8.5m. I've more or less said around 7.5m for the past few months I think.

Okay those are solid predictions! I think it could do 9 to 10 Million! But I say this off the top of my head I don't really know how to predict correctly sales numbers xD.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I read page 1 @ 50 of this thread, especially the OP and his first reply. They don't make em like this anymore.

Ladies and Gentlemen.
A fanboy of the old school.
A man whose sales predictions come from the heart (and nowhere else).
The one, the only...
JOHNLUCAS

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Seece said:
Anfebious said:
Well maybe 12 million is a little too much, but a man can dream! xD

A new generation is always a fresh start and we are at the very beggining I think that the Wii U could see really strong sales, Nintendo is aiming the console at the core and casual gamers. It's difficult to get both and most probably they won't but imagine if they did!

For now it seems crazy to say 12 million for the Wii U by the end of the year but we have to wait and see how Wii Fit and Wii Party U will do. They may be a success! Who knows! But we have to wait to see the results! Tell me Seece, what is your prediction for the Wii U this year?

My prediction is Europe will be 50% less than US given that's how it's trended lately and it's by far Nintendos weakest region, but the holidays will put it above Japan ...

Japan ... wildcard, anywhere from 500k - 800k.

Anywhere from 2.5m - 4.5m which would be roughly 6.5m - 8.5m. I've more or less said around 7.5m for the past few months I think.

Haha its funny that me and u have the exact same prediction for sales by the end of the year yet people say ur downplaying Wii U and im considered one of the Wii Us biggest defenders.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Seece said:
DélioPT said:

They didn`t have the userbase when they were first released. They built one. And now that it`s built, it can move to a new console.
How do you know that people aren`t interested in the concept?

Lack of system sellers is only one of Wii U`s problems.
Actually the only system seller was NSMB U. And it has a pretty good attach rate.
The problem is, the market still doesn`t know what Wii U is different from Wii, and gamers - even Nintendo gamers - haven`t had a good reason to jump in. But as you see, WW HD has made a lot of people buy a new console. Not just the price cut, btw.

NSMB U didn`t aswell as the other games in the franchise because of Wii U`s lack of awareness and the fact that people already played a NSMB game a few months before it was released. One problem is fixed, the other isn`t.

The Wii built the userbase, and fresh software the derived from it like Wii Sports.

How do I know people aren't interested? Have you seen the sales? If they were it'd have sold out and doing gangbusters. And people say a game like Super Mario World 3D is going to shift millions of WiiU's? er yeah because that's exactly what the casuals who bought Wii want ....

The market isn't as stupid as you make out, there was a lot of hype surrounding Wii before it even released. It's not as if when people realise the WiiU system they're going to say "oooh well now we have to get it"

You guys still don't get it do you? The Wii and its simplicity led it to 100 million sales, casuals do not want this tablet it goes against everything the Wii offered. Then you tout all these classic Nintendo franchises as system sellers .... it's just ridiculous.

There´s always been certain software that can sell everytime: sports titles, shooter, racers, party games, etc.
Part of this software is coming to Wii U.

Sales don`t reflect lack of desire for the concept, they show lack of knowledge and interest for a console that for 6 months barely had any game. A console that even Nintendo fans have put on hold until it gets the software they want.
What are the sales of Mario 3D Land? That´s a good basis to guess Mario 3D World`s sales.

I never implied the market was stupid. But when you see a product and have the wrong idea about it, it`s not that appealing. When the correct idea kicks in it does change people`s mentality.

Just because Wii U doesn`t offer the Wii simplicity (which is not entirely true as the software also uses the Wii remote), doesn`t mean it can`t succeed... just like every console before it that succeed without offering simplicity.

And it`s not just casuals Wii U has been going after. In fairness, Wii U has barely done anything in that regard so far.

Around the Network

^ This one gets it ^

DélioPT said:

There´s always been certain software that can sell everytime: sports titles, shooter, racers, party games, etc.
Part of this software is coming to Wii U.

Sales don`t reflect lack of desire for the concept, they show lack of knowledge and interest for a console that for 6 months barely had any game. A console that even Nintendo fans have put on hold until it gets the software they want.
What are the sales of Mario 3D Land? That´s a good basis to guess Mario 3D World`s sales.

I never implied the market was stupid. But when you see a product and have the wrong idea about it, it`s not that appealing. When the correct idea kicks in it does change people`s mentality.

Just because Wii U doesn`t offer the Wii simplicity (which is not entirely true as the software also uses the Wii remote), doesn`t mean it can`t succeed... just like every console before it that succeed without offering simplicity.

And it`s not just casuals Wii U has been going after. In fairness, Wii U has barely done anything in that regard so far.

I think you and Seece are talking about different things.  Nothing he's written seems to imply that the WiiU can't be a success, but that it won't sell 100m like the Wii did.  Nintendo will be fine, and they'll sell reasonably well, but they don't have a out of the park smash like they did with the Wii.  Considering what this thread's OP is suggesting, I think you should probably just assume that anyone that says "WiiU has ___ going against it" isn't saying that it's a failure, but that it isn't going to "unite the gaming world" like the OP suggests and go on to sell more than any console ever.  

Well, yes. But everyone is lowballing the systems output levels with mitigated data without observe how it fluctuates and what causes those events.

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Well, yes. But everyone is lowballing the systems output levels with mitigated data without observe how it fluctuates and what causes those events.

"everyone" so you think the OP is lowballing. Nobody is low balling they're using the evidence they have to make realistic and logical predictions.

You just said a whole bunch of nothing to sound fancy, why don't you be frank and put down some numbers instead of constantly adding nothing to the conversation.

Don´t take the title of the thread so seriously, people.....

The WiiU will sell enough this holiday, enough to give Nintendo the profits it needs and to finish the fiscal year ok.
We can´t tell for sure if WiiU will sell better than its competitors in 2014, there´s a lot of questions and uncertainty on the table and if we bring back memories of the latest consoles lauches since the Xbox360, we´ll notice that all all consoles suffered on their first months (except the Wii, let´s put that aside).

Will it happen with PS4 and Xbox1 due to their price ? Will Nintendo invest in better advertsiment next year? Will consumers pay big money for new consoles, when they can play most of their new games on the previous installments? Will cloud gaming convince buyers that don´t see advantages on upgrading? Will people understand the WiiU concept? Will the casuals discover videogame console again? Will the market continue to shrink ? Will very expensive AAA productions be sustainable in this transition period? Will cheaper Pc and tablet gaming definetely get the younger audiences. Will, will, will ..... ?

I personally think that the possibility of a new videogame crash is real if some of the scenarios above may find a negative answer.